What do I do?

DasEnder

The struggle is real.

Dominators and peacebringers have a similar melee/range/other feel but I just didn't get on with mine after a point. They just don't have the same "I can do anything" feeling.

I'm currently enjoying kin/sonic defender - the -res you do takes them out of the defender damage bracket and the defender primaries are all pretty flexible.

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

There's not a lot that brings as "complete" of a package as VEATs.  You've top tier damage (at melee and range), more than enough durability for the hardest content and some of the best team support available.  You're the perfect set up for the current meta of "fill a team of 8, set the mission to max settings, and run as fast as possible".  No set up, no fuss, just steamroll.

I totally feel you.  All I can recommend is try a Soldier if you feel like it, or the next closest things I've found are Stalkers, Scappers and Blasters.  Stalkers and Scrappers can be built for a bit more damage output with similar durability, but without the team buffs (usually).  Blasters give you even more damage, with less durability.  I tried Sentinels and couldn't stick with it because performance-wise, they're just bad versions of Fortunatas/Crabs. Since my Crab and Fort, my favorite has been my Elec/Invuln/Mu Stalker.  

• Like 1

@Omega-202I had pretty much the same response to Sentinels - they're EATs without the flexibility. 

I'll second stalkers, though - they're really fun and you can pick up ranged attacks from level 35 onwards from the ancillary and patron pools. Grab the two special ATOs and they switch into a really fun and active playstyle as you proc Hide about every twenty seconds and can basically spam Build Up. My stalker is the only character I've ever done over 2k damage with in a single hit. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

• 2 weeks later

I'll chime in with a bit more of a positive response for Sentinels. I'd agree that for the most part Sentinels are essentially weaker versions of range-focused VEATs. BUT, the version of Bio Armor that Sentinels get is my favorite armor set in the game. When Offensive  Adaptation is on along with your other toggles you get a permanent damage boost thats around 15-20% I think, & +7.5% to-hit, AND, in what seems like some kind of bug or oversight, you ALSO get a bonus amount of toxic damage that seems to be some % of the attack's base damage. As you get into the 25+ range you'll also get Athletic Regulation, which somehow gives you such strong movement boosts that Ninja Run will put you at the run speed cap without even needing to switch on Sprint, and near as I can tell it looks very possible to get plain ole Hover to the flight speed cap (though that's a pretty pointless waste of build resources TBH). Theres also apower towards the end of the set thats supposed to give a universal range bonus while Offensive Adaptation is on, but it seems bugged such that it gives you the ability's bonus from Defensive Adaption instead.

Now, It's certainly got some holes in survivability, given that you can't realistically get your def softcapped without popping Lucks & the set's resitances are mediocre (mind you i dont mean poor, just not great). BUT if it's played correctly it's still very sturdy. It's got a very good absorb shield power that also gives a significant chunk of regeneration, & a clicky power that restores both HP & End. 

After re-rolling 5-6 times to try different versions of a /bio Sentinel I ended up settling on Water/Bio, and let me tell you he is a beast. Usually kills the minions & LTs in a pack with his alpha strike, as his opening of Aim+gausians>Geyser>Steam Spray does around 800 damage on the low end. Since Sents get a 1:30 recharge time on all their T9 abilities, and given end-game levels of recharge in the build he can do Aim+Geyser around every 25 seconds. His ST performance is about like his damage resistance, mediocre but not bad.

The only real downside I'd ascribe to the character is that he ends up soloing a bit slowly simpl5 because it's hard to hit a large amount of enemies with Steam Spray when all the mobs pile up in melee range. 

If you're looking just looking for a fun character to try, /Bio Sentinel has some interesting stuff going for it.

• Like 1