Help squeezeing Spring Attack into a Psi/Bio

Bob the Painter

Recently hit 50 and drawing up a Respec. Purely for PvE, Im trying to add another aoe into the build. Mass levitate seems good, but having more than one multi-target attack could be more robust. 

Is dropping genetic disuprtion for spring attack a viable option? The sleep doesn't seem that useful. While the -dmg should be good, it's harder to gauge it's impact. 

I'd have to switch from SS to SJ, but that doesn't seem like a deal breaker.  I have the common defensive ancillaries, haste, and soul patron pool. Nothing that feels like an easy drop. Already skipped mental strike, placate, and boggle. 

Build feels fairly tight at the moment. I'm not at home right now so I don't have access to Mids. I can try to link it later.

Any advice, general or specific, would be appreciated. 

image.png.000ee411c582b1fe0e42a255f5987483.png

Have you considered this first? You can put in a lot of damage procs into DNA Siphon, and if you're in an AoE situation then the heal may not need to be enhanced much. It's what I'm using to add more AoE to a Street Justice/Bio build.

I found spring attack to be super lame when I tried it. even with procs. but that was on a troller so maybe the stalker version is better?

dna siphon is a decent option. I use that at the end of fights personally as a sustain+ assassins mark trigger but it can be turned into a big aoe attack as coyote points out.

consider how much you use shadow meld? because ball lightning is a good aoe and you still get a fast snipe. 

I have the same as you on my sav/bio but I find I rarely use shadow meld. but sav does have unparalleled aoe alpha strikes so I dont face as much incoming as I thought. I plan to switch back to mu. 

I hadn't thought of slotting DNA Siphon for damage procs. I'll definitely give that a shot. 

I think with Spring Attack, you stay hidden and then would be able to follow up with another crit. At least that's how it works with other teleport attacks on Stalkers. I haven't tested it myself. If true, that makes it a better option on Stalkers than other ATs. 

For shadow meld, I do find myself using it, sometimes superfluously. I'm inf poor so I'm getting enhs piecemeal as I can afford them. My def is lower than some as a result.

I really want Mu for Ball Lightning. I was torn when I chose Soul, but it's probably the better pick for me until I fill out my build with more IOs and Incarnates. Will probably switch as time goes on. 

I really don't know how big of an impact genetic corruption makes. I wonder if I could slot DNA Siphon for Procs and cut GC for spring attack. Could have a rotation like hide - BU - SA - ML - DS for trash mobs

I specced into Spring Attack a few days ago. After a few hours of play, even slotted with ok procs, it doesn't feel fantastic. 

It does not break hide so I can follow quicky with Mass Levitate for an opener. But the damage is piddly and the recharge is so slow, it doesn't seem worth the pick. 

I still don't know if genetic corruption is worth it. Guess I'll go back to the drawing board.

Not sure what I should do for last power slot. Maybe another Leadership toggle. 

ya spring attack just leaves a lot to be desired imo.

genetic corruption is just another layer of mitigation. In defensive mode it is noticable as it significantly boosts resistances relative to offensive mode. But, it is imo pretty skippable if you play almost exclusively in offensive like myself.