Fire/Storm, I said I wouldn't...

Call Me Awesome

I'd said that I'd written off /Storm since I'd disliked the set on Live with a Plant/Storm but with the KB-KD procs I'm starting to reconsider and I had a question for you folks.  I notice that Freezing Rain will take a LOT of procs and it's relatively low damage so do I go with a Damage set, a Debuff set or just toss 6 procs in it?  I'm debating on 4 damage procs and 2 -res procs.

Also, what's the effect of the KB-KD proc in Hurricane?  Do they flop like with a proc'd Bonfire or do they get pushed away?  Another thing that occurs to me, if I have multiple KD effects like Bonfire & Hurricane will they stack and change back to KB?  I'm still playing around with the build in Mid's and debating on rolling it up, it does look like I can get some significant defenses and mitigation in it.

I thought I'd settled the question on my next 'troller with Fire/Rad... now I'm wondering again.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

rains dont roll procs very well. So keep expectations low for freezing rain.

hurricane will still repel with the kb>kd io. I like skirting around and pushing  things tight. It helps those that have small aoes. 

I've never seen bonfire + freezing rain + hurricane convert back to knockback if appropriately io'd. It might happen but I dont think it is common. (demon/storm/fire that has all those powers)

3 hours ago, Frosticus said:

rains dont roll procs very well. So keep expectations low for freezing rain.

hurricane will still repel with the kb>kd io. I like skirting around and pushing  things tight. It helps those that have small aoes. 

I've never seen bonfire + freezing rain + hurricane convert back to knockback if appropriately io'd. It might happen but I dont think it is common. (demon/storm/fire that has all those powers)

Hmm, that lets out using Hotfeet/Rain/Cages/Bonfire/Hurricane on a spawn which was my first thought, the damage and debuffage working like the tried and true Hotfeet/Choking Cloud/Cages/Bonfire of a Fire/Rad.

Oh, I seem to remember seeing something about immobilize no longer eliminating KD?  Is that correct or will I be avoiding Cages?

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

ya hurricane and hot feet aren't the best synergy, but it isn't terrible either. You can't sit in the middle of the spawn like the fire/rad example,  but hotfeet has a pretty big range so as you skirt the spawn and pack them tighter it still hits a lot of them.

cages are good to go now and keep everyone in position while making popcorn.