Hamidon Suggestion

With the zone now capped at 50, it's become even more apparent that some bring their alt accounts and take up seats that actual players lose out on.  I understand the reason behind the zone caps, so my suggestion is to do take the MSR approach to Hamidon.  Instance it.  It would make it more accessible to players who can't get in the Hive because someone's multiple alt accounts are sitting around and benefiting from everyone else's effort. 

• Like 1

Judgement Day - Soldier - Excelsior

21 minutes ago, Judgement Day said:

With the zone now capped at 50, it's become even more apparent that some bring their alt accounts and take up seats that actual players lose out on.  I understand the reason behind the zone caps, so my suggestion is to do take the MSR approach to Hamidon.  Instance it.  It would make it more accessible to players who can't get in the Hive because someone's multiple alt accounts are sitting around and benefiting from everyone else's effort. 

Leandro said that he was working on doing exactly this back in late September.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later

He may be working on it, but I don't think I'd use it, and here's why: 

1. No real way to know who's brought a second account until they're already on the league and in the instanced zone. Still takes a spot away from someone else.
2. No access to AH. Essence of the Earth is critical for success. How many? Depends on the strategy and the speed of clearing mitos. One sweep and you may only need 2. Two sweeps, you might need 5. Maybe 6 if you don't have a full league. This is why MSR instanced raids are not my preference. I like to get large inspirations when I run out. The buffs may be great in the bowl, but near the bombs and grates - there are no buffs. If teammates followed a taunter, the healing bubble in the bowl would be substantially weaker. And there's no way I'm stashing 20 inspirations in my email, one at a time. Many use the AH to get EoE if they need more. 

3. Crashes. While people still crash in the hive (I suspect it's their system most of the time, and not the game) the lfg is known to crash people for various reasons. It's just one more annoying thing to deal with. The fewer mechanics in play, imo, the better. 

That's not to say I wouldn't use it once, just to see how it went. But no access to AH...that's a deal breaker for me. 

I mean, would it make a difference?  You have 50 people in the Hive or you have 50 people in the LFG/instance.  Either way, if someone's dual-boxing, you have someone else not getting in.

It makes more sense to have an instanced MSR (though on my main server of Everlasting, it doesn't get used anyway) because the zone is used for other things.  But the Hive/Abyss are basically a Hami instance in and of themselves anyway.

2 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

I mean, would it make a difference?  You have 50 people in the Hive or you have 50 people in the LFG/instance.  Either way, if someone's dual-boxing, you have someone else not getting in.

It makes more sense to have an instanced MSR (though on my main server of Everlasting, it doesn't get used anyway) because the zone is used for other things.  But the Hive/Abyss are basically a Hami instance in and of themselves anyway.

It would, because players would have better control over Hamidon raid griefing.  If someone's griefing your zone Hamidon raid, there's not much raid leaders can do other than petition support.  From personal experience, that can take several hours if you ever get a response at all.  Someone griefing your instanced Hamidon raid?  /kick.  Problem solved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

It would, because players would have better control over Hamidon raid griefing.  If someone's griefing your zone Hamidon raid, there's not much raid leaders can do other than petition support.  From personal experience, that can take several hours if you ever get a response at all.  Someone griefing your instanced Hamidon raid?  /kick.  Problem solved.

Fair point.  Because of the stance initial post, I was thinking more of leeching than griefing (since a zone cap makes leeching self-defeating, ultimately).

Then again, I don't see many griefers, either.  Maybe I'm just lucky and/or about to jinx Everlasting's raids.  But from that perspective, I can see how an instance does make a touch more sense.