Water blast rotation?

Sorreah

I wasn't sure if I should ask this in blaster or sentinel, I'm personally a sentinel, but I figured blasters would be more familiar with water blast power.  I'm a bit iffy on rotations in general, but I am enjoying water blaster, what powers are well suited for rotation/cycling in combat? I am not sure if this makes a difference, but my secondary is regeneration, so water blast is basically all my offense, which I don't mind but I feel a little slow (there has been times where  I'm running around/away so my powers come off cool down) 

I've been playing around the chain a fair bit on my Corruptor but it should apply to Sentinels and Blasters as well. The best practical chain I've found for Water Blast alone with no supplementary attacks is as follows:

Water Jet -> Aqua Bolt -> Dehydrate -> Water Jet -> Fast Water Jet -> Aqua Bolt -> Dehydrate -> Water Jet -> Aqua Bolt -> Dehydrate -> Aqua Bolt ->Water Jet -> Repeat.

Water blast is a bit weird due to how tidal power works with Fast Water Jet and how Dehydrate will also use up stacks as well so power order is a bit finicky to ensure you're always using Tidal Power on Water Jet when Fast Water Jet is off cooldown. To do this chain, I needed Water Jet to recharge in 2.93 seconds. 
If you take any additional high DPA attacks like say Mind Probe from the Psi epic, you can weave that in anywhere on the chain upon cooldown without too much issue.

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 1

Ah thank you very much, thats super helpful, Tidal is the only reason I'm really looking into a rotation for this, mainly because of the tidal mechanic... this helps out quite a bit, I can start of with an AOE and go to town with a rotation 

Edited by Sorreah

You can also sub in steam spray or whirl pool for any attack and still build a stack of tidal power in the process. Just remember that even though water jet and dehydrate spend when at max stacks, they also grant you 1 stack of tidal power when you have less than 3 stacks.