Building a Melee Support

Pbuckley818

13 hours ago, Pbuckley818 said:

Yeah I researched that, the Guradian is basically a gross mismatch of everything, somehow I feel I wouldn't be enjoy it.

As someone with a passion for the epic archetypes, gimme gimme gimme. 

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

• 3 weeks later
On 12/24/2019 at 10:25 AM, Android Nim said:

Have you tried rad/ice tank?

can pump a low grade melee heal, -def debuffs on mobs and drop the smaller ice patch for some control

voila!

A lot of melee sets come with -Def, I am actually curious as to how useful it is in general. Ice also comes with a lot of -Recharge, which does make me curious. The -SPD I am familiar enough with as far as utility goes.

Important to note that odds are I will be going Scrapper, my brother likes to tank, and I don't want to confuse people. Besides I got that Shield Street Justice guy up pretty high only to realize how little fun I was having, part of which was just how slow the gameplay was. The other being just how passive the support felt, and while it may surprise you looking at the numbers Scrappers are actually better debuffer's (Well other than the Tanks innate -20 Resistance Debuff). They may even be better at buffing too, but I'd have to look at that again. 

Ice/Rad Scrapper does however sound quite tempting as I do know that those effects have a tendency to feel more like your doing something for your group than not. Now I just need to decide what power pools I'll be taking, and what powers I will be skipping. I ended up having to go over to TP for movement on my Defender, so I am tempted to go Superspeed/Combat Jumping. But Force of Will comes with a cheaper version of super jump which I like as well as a Nice debuff and a PBAoE knockdown, which is not too shabby. Furthermore I can take the Presence Taunt guilt free on a Scrapper (For off Tanking purposes, so I am curious to see just how effective those fear powers are. Leadership doesn't combo as well with Rad though, as Rad is a Resistance Set (Well actually it's a Regen set with Resistance powers, and Debuff's but I digress.) So oddly enough between the fact that the scrapper won't be seeing a Leadership buff in the future, and it not comboing well with rad (well other than I think Tactics), I am unlikely to touch leadership unless someone convinces me otherwise. Might still Grab Fire Mastery too as odd as it is for the character concept, though maybe energy?