Damage bonuses

Brutal Justice

KWell, I've heard several people say that set just bonuses don't affect pets... but I've heard a few people say they do. For whatever it's worth, +dam bonuses from IO sets don't seem to be reflected in a pet's combat info screen.

What I will say: slotting proc IOs into certain pet powers can significantly increase pet damage, but this is very power-specific. The only way pets will have access to said procs is if some of their powers have a debuff attached, and then the proc only affects the powers that cause that debuff. Because of this combination of things, there's only a few pets, from specific sets, that will make good use of this. I know Ninjas get solid use from the defense debuff & accurate defense debuff procs, but I can't recall if it's both their T1 & T2 pets, or just one of those. Thugs are pretty lucky on this front, because Enforcers can take the same defense debuff procs & it affects all but one of their powers, AND the bruiser can take the KB smashing proc which will affect all of his. Demons don't have super great options for procs because their pets are structured such that the T1 & T2 pets are a mix of different demons, who then have different abilities & as such the procs you can slot in them tend to only affect a single demon, & then might not affect all of that one's powers. The one good one Demons can do is putting a slow damage proc in the T3 pet, as the Prince or w/e has slows in every power AFAIK. Undead are a mixed bag as I understand it, as I think T2s can slot the -def procs but not all their powers are affected, but the Lich can take -to-hit procs & that'll affect all of his stuff.

After that I can't really recall the other sets. There's a thread kicking around about procs, but I don't have time to look it up now...

Do +dam IO bonuses translate to pets?

No

How about pets like tornado and lightning storm?

No

Is there any way to significantly increase your damage potential?

There's lots of ways. MMs are on paper one of the highest dps ATs in the game. Check out the Pylon thread in this forum for some example builds and ideas how to push your DPS high.

The five pillars of MM dps are, in order of importance:

- Make sure your pets don't die(softcap defenses, use the pet auras, stack debuffs on dangerous enemies)
- Stack as many procs on your pets as possible(e.g. interface, hybrid radial assault, touch of lady grey and so on - whatever your pets can carry)

- Optimize your build to include as many -res procs as possible(achilles heel, annihilation, fury of the gladiator, and so on)
- Get as close to damage cap on your pets as possible(+dmg alpha, good slotting to maximize damage%)
- Get 1-2 useful MM attacks into your rotation(lash, dual wield, cross punch, trip mine, knockout blow, /storm's antics...)

Edited by BGSacho