Cimerora Crash Fest!

GM Tempest

• Game Master

So during some stress testing with AVs, we discovered a new powerset: Thanos Snapping.

I haven't found the common issue, but there is some power, or power interaction, that is causing swaths of people around it to crash at random. It's not enough to make events unusuable, but it's enough to cause issues if you want stability during those crashes. I'll have the players involved post their results and basic info here.

Here's a format to follow!:

Character Name:

CPU:

Graphics card:

RAM:

SSD/HD:

Graphics Settings (Screenshot, or paraphrase ('all maxed out') Or go down the list individually if you're feeling thorough!

Did you notice a specific power or ability fire off when you got Thanos-snapped?:

Character Name: Seph

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K

Graphics card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X

RAM: Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 4x8GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL16 SR x8 Unbuffered DIMM

SSD/HD: Kingston A1000 480GB M.2 SSD

Graphics Settings: Literally everything graphics related maxed out 1440p 144hz gsync enabled.

Did you notice a specific power or ability fire off when you got thanos-snapped?: The only power I could pinpoint was that I crashed once when I clicked "Rebirth radial invocation" but it worked without crashing me when I came back on.

Crashed three times.

Character Name:Extra Credit

CPU: 8700K

Graphics card: RTX 2080TI

RAM: 16GB

SSD/HD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Graphics Settings: Everything Maxed except Bloom (Regular), Depth of Field Effects (Disabled), Advanced Occlusion Settings (Disabled), Experimental Graphics Settings (Disabled).

I only crashed once, "on the last hurrah"

Character Name: Farmer John'

CPU: i7 9700

Graphics card:MSI GEFORCE RTX™ 2080 GAMING X TRIO

RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3200 MHz

SSD/HD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Graphics Settings Everything Maxed

Character Name: Kitten of Midnight, Adelade

CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 2600

Graphics card: AMD Vega 64

RAM: 16 GB 3200 MHz

SSD/HD: Sandisk 240GB SSD

Graphics Settings (Screenshot, or pharaphrase ('all maxed out') Or go down the list individually if you're feeling thorough!): Recommended on both clients.

Did you notice a specific power or ability fire off when you got thanos-snapped?: 

Yeah, I was a filthy dual boxer, but came up with one rather interesting finding: It wasn't so much of a power that set it off.  One client crashed, while the other didn't.  The first client was in Cimerora the whole time we had moved there, while the second one came in about halfway through.  The one that was there the whole time crashed around when the majority of people did, around the end, while the other had stayed.

Character: Curse

AT: Brute

Powers: Spines/Dark Armor

CPU: Intel i5-4670K

GFX: GTX 1070 Ti

I crashed twice, once fighting Scirocco and once fighting Ghost Widow but didn't notice any correlation in powers causing the crashes

Here's a format to follow!:

Character Name: Kinetic Demon

CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 @3.4GHZ

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

RAM:16 GB

SSD/HD:SSD

Graphics Settings: Ultra

Did you notice a specific power or ability fire off when you got Thanos-snapped?: Directly after the group of Hydra blobs died, I "mapservered" for about 10 seconds then remained connected.  Was off to the side firing kinetics powers instead of in the clump attacking.  Power activation started to slow before then

Character Name: Betty Sizzle

CPU: 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (MacBook Pro 17-inch)

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

RAM: 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

SSD/HD: 1 TB Solid State SATA Drive

Graphics Settings: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19y-8Jboseydu7DvA-W1Zs86SBCHNdH-C/view?usp=sharing

Did you notice a specific power or ability fire off when you got Thanos-snapped? No.

Character Name: Battledream

CPU: Intel i-7 6700k

Graphics card: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB

SSD/HD: SSD

Graphics Settings: 1920x1080, Auto FOV, everything else turned up all the way

Did you notice a specific power or ability fire off when you got Thanos-snapped?: I crashed twice in Atlas and once in Cimerora right after the 'last hurrah' spawns.  I wasn't performing a particular action in common for any of the crashes.  These crashes and crashes I experienced during Rikti invasion fights all happened when I was in the clump.

Heys! thanks for involving the players, it was super fun just watching everybody go nuts haha. Going to just copy and past from my pcpartpicker list

Character Name: Doctor CLanks

CPU:                Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

Graphics card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB AMP! Edition Video Card

RAM:         Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

SSD/HD:          Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Graphics Settings

Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080

3d resolution scaling: 1920 x 1080

Refresh rate: 120

FSAA: 8x

From here on Pretty much everything is set to the max it can be set to, no experimental though

Didn't get snapped myself and I was just spamming my pulse rifle ability. I DID notice a bunch of AoE buffs triggering as people got snapped, but not sure of which ones.

Character Name: Phyre Freak

CPU:Core i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB  resolution @ 1920 X 1080  refresh @ 60Hz

RAM: 16 GB

SSD/HD:256 GB SSD/ 2 TB HHD

Graphics Settings (Screenshot, or pharaphrase ('all maxed out') Or go down the list individually if you're feeling thorough!  maxed out  ultra settings

Did you notice a specific power or ability fire off when you got thanos-snapped?:  Never crashed at all  and lowest frame rate went down to 11 FPS