Sonic / Kinetics Build - Help Please

remarefka

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Before you get too far....

What brought you to a sonic/kin corruptor over a kin/sonic defender?

What he said. If you are going to go sonic blast, it is far far better to be a defender, even more so if you plan to team. Now if you want personal damage combined with kinetics, then I would go fire/kin corruptor. Well built Fire/Kin Corrs are devastating solo and in groups. Basically anything besides sonic blast primary combined with kinetics is probably better on a corruptor, but the higher -res you get on the defender makes it worthwhile. On some other posts I've talked about why this is, but essentially a damage capped sonic/kin corruptor will only do about 120 damage with a power compared to 117 for the defender with 4 -res sonic powers. Add to that the fact that defenders get much better defensive modifiers and you can make a softcapped pos def, max s/l res, perma hasten kin/sonic defender quite easily. Sonic blast is the one primary blast set that is much better on a defender.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, remarefka said:

Thank you for the information.  Could you post a build for a sonic / kinetics defender? 

I do, but I recently found out about how long screech's -res lasts and so I'll need to retool it a bit. Also, you may want to look into the defender only SG that has been started on everlasting I think (I am not a part of it, but it sounds fun). There is a post in the defender forums about the SG and that is also where you will find my build for a Kin/Sonic defender (it's under something like massive dps boost).