New Project: StJ/Bio advice/build request

Zemius

New scrapper time! I haven't played Bio yet so I figured it was high time to give it a whirl. Being a def/res mix though I'm kind of lost as to how to build effectively for maximum damage and survivability.  I'd appreciate any helpful advice and/or a build I can work with.  Purples and ATOs are fine, whatever is most optimal! Thanks guys!

Well, I've made a few /Bio characters across several ATs, so I'll weigh in on that set. StJ is a set I'm interested in but haven't played, so can't usefully contribute there.

My personal experience for /Bio on Scrappers is that pumping S/L defense via sets is the easiest way to get your survivability. This is mostly because theres a 5% S/L bonus at the 3-piece bonus for 1 of the Scrapper ATOs. End result is that you can get 10% S/L defense from slotting 3 pieces in 2 different powers. Throw in a 5-slot set for the melee damage Winter IO & you've gained 15% S/L defense for a total of 11 slots. It's very possible there's ways to get similar numbers for positional defense & I just don't know about them, but I couldn't find anything close to the slotting efficiency of this 15%, & without any positional bonuses to start with I have a hard time imagining you could soft cap more than 1 position. Since /Bio already has solid-ish defenses to the E/N/F/C types, capping S/L defense will give you solid-but-not-exceptional coverage for most mob groups. I'd love to hear if anyone else has tips on pumping positional defenses for sets without any to start with. 

I had more to add but I've got some stuff to do, I'll come back to this later.