Unique/Rare Powered Enemies

Just idea i come up for challenging content...Idea is use your own mind instead of just button mashing.

Moving Statue/Mannequin [Unique]

Constant immobilize state as long as you can look into them. They give brief but effective fear debuff though if you stare too long.
When you aren't staring them they can move freely. They dont have ranged attack. No melee either... When they got close to you instead of attacking you they give hold making your skin turn mannequinish/stonish and teleport you to enemy area. So beware

Adaptor [Rare]
They got immunity to one damage type for 30 seconds when you hit them too much with one type. Weakness is that they have a -resistance to opposite type. Example : Smash Immunity but mild lethal weakness. Immunity to fire but mild weakness to cold, Immunity to Energy but mild weakness to negative energy. Immunity to Psionic but mild weakness to toxic.

Channeller[Unique]
We have sappers but why not channellers ? Instead of energy draining attacks they give max endurance instead but as long as you are not using that endurance you have permanent Damage over time (Energy). When too much endurance is still there (about 100 or 75 is fine i guess) you are instantly killed. It is giving self destruct effect.

Kinetician [Rare]
Have you ever though what happens enemy has kinetics instead ? well now you got it.
They dont have any attacks or defenses for that matter but they got kinetics and repel aura(auto).

Life Harvester [Unique]
It looks like most human enemies (disguised mostly) but when they got to critical HP (about %10) they instantly crumbles to skeleton and all of attacks have life draining effect, when they got to full hp it cuts hp into half and spawns 1 more Life Harvester about %50 health. When they die if you are still staring at them they use Soul Transfer and get back to fight again.

Matriarch Spider [Rare]
Normal spider that uses webs to immobilize you it spawns mostly on caves. When they bite you. Instead of normal toxic damage it gives -max hp instead. When -max hp wears off spider hatchlings may spawn off from your body. They use life draining bites to grown you weak and when they survive enough time they transform into matriarch spider or Spider Warrior if Matriarch spider still at full health. (or close to full health)

I will update if i can think more of them. 

34 minutes ago, Darkneblade said:

Just idea i come up for challenging content...Idea is use your own mind instead of just button mashing.

Moving Statue/Mannequin [Unique]

Constant immobilize state as long as you can look into them. They give brief but effective fear debuff though if you stare too long.
When you aren't staring them they can move freely. They dont have ranged attack. No melee either... When they got close to you instead of attacking you they give hold making your skin turn mannequinish/stonish and teleport you to enemy area. So beware

Adaptor [Rare]
They got immunity to one damage type for 30 seconds when you hit them too much with one type. Weakness is that they have a -resistance to opposite type. Example : Smash Immunity but mild lethal weakness. Immunity to fire but mild weakness to cold, Immunity to Energy but mild weakness to negative energy. Immunity to Psionic but mild weakness to toxic.

Channeller[Unique]
We have sappers but why not channellers ? Instead of energy draining attacks they give max endurance instead but as long as you are not using that endurance you have permanent Damage over time (Energy). When too much endurance is still there (about 100 or 75 is fine i guess) you are instantly killed. It is giving self destruct effect.

Kinetician [Rare]
Have you ever though what happens enemy has kinetics instead ? well now you got it.
They dont have any attacks or defenses for that matter but they got kinetics and repel aura(auto).

Life Harvester [Unique]
It looks like most human enemies (disguised mostly) but when they got to critical HP (about %10) they instantly crumbles to skeleton and all of attacks have life draining effect, when they got to full hp it cuts hp into half and spawns 1 more Life Harvester about %50 health. When they die if you are still staring at them they use Soul Transfer and get back to fight again.

Matriarch Spider [Rare]
Normal spider that uses webs to immobilize you it spawns mostly on caves. When they bite you. Instead of normal toxic damage it gives -max hp instead. When -max hp wears off spider hatchlings may spawn off from your body. They use life draining bites to grown you weak and when they survive enough time they transform into matriarch spider or Spider Warrior if Matriarch spider still at full health. (or close to full health)

I will update if i can think more of them. 

1.  sounds like a dr who foe

2. would maybe work on teams but mostly likely impossible to solo without a temporary weapon specific for the quest

3. like a mana burn thing? most people use stamina easily enough tho so i dont think this would be much of a challenge.

4. we have these in game already and they can be annoying (trust me)

5. so a human who becomes a lich who summons zombies and then self rezzes? yeah i can see this for banished pantheon or the like

6. too easy to exploit its the reason the rikti portals have a limited number of spawns. also since it require you to be immobilized it would affect mostly squishies

however i do like the idea in principle i think if more mobs had buffers/healers a little more strategy would be needed.

Edited by Saiyajinzoningen

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

6 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

1.  sounds like a dr who foe

2. would maybe work on teams but mostly likely impossible to solo without a temporary weapon specific for the quest

3. like a mana burn thing? most people use stamina easily enough tho so i dont think this would be much of a challenge.

4. we have these in game already and they can be annoying (trust me)

5. so a human who becomes a lich who summons zombies and then self rezzes? yeah i can see this for banished pantheon or the like

6. too easy to exploit its the reason the rikti portals have a limited number of spawns. also since it require you to be immobilized it would affect mostly squishies

1. Yeah they are cool though
2. Maybe 5 seconds of immunity instead ? and 30 seconds until it can gain immunity again.
3. How about endurance+ over time ? but debuffs recharge
6. No spawns then just health gain over time with each stack of -max hp?

Edited by Darkneblade

for number 2 you just described the phasing carnie foe. 

for number 3 a debuffing foe sounds interesting but debuff effect would have to ignore defense or it would be unfair to resist chars

for number 6 so it leeches health from you like a vampire and its % per hit? finally a foe for regen/willpower lol

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?