Titan Weapon/Bio Armour Guide

Jaegernault

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jaegernault said:

Run in, pop your T9 Bio and soak up a huge Absorb shield then whale on them. 

For some reason I've been jaunting into a mob and hitting DNA instead of Parasitic Aura. Since I've corrected to your strategy it's working much better for me. 

When do you use Shadow Meld in your rotation? Or is it a panic button like SR has Elude? When the proverbial carp hits the fan in a big mob?

I could see putting it on auto to go off when it cools down like hasten is set. Since there's no endurance crash I assume?

Thanks for the great replies Jaegernault!

11 hours ago, Jaegernault said:

Edited by Last Vanguard

Posted (edited)

I'm really concerned at the pondering of a power with a 3s activation time being considered a panic button. Or ctrl-clicking it.

Pop SM, go in, start whacking things. Either they're dead or flopping around due to all the KD that TW gives. Might have to fire off a heal if something gets through and gets an unfortunate 5% chance to-hit in.

Granted, I am very much reading playstyles are way different then mine.

I like to blow stuff up and move on to the next bags of XP and drops.

For example, I don't slot DNA Siphon for healing. I proc bomb it for an early AOE that is VERY effective.

SM, DNA, PA, start whacking. Collect rewards.

Either way, be like batman. Plan ahead. Assume you are going to be taking all the alpha. When you are playing Bio, things go sideways FAST. If your HP bar starts moving in the wrong direction, it's normally already to late.

Edited by SomeGuy

You’re totally right on shadow meld. As a panic button it’s a suicide power. It’s 3m activation time prevents powers being used, it doesn’t stop movement however. It’s cool-down is very fast if on constant combat too.

ill hit it when im running into a mob, sometimes ill even leap and hit it mid air. Either way, you want its activation to be over WHEN you arrive. If it’s a tough fight you may need to hit it twice in one mob, if you went over the Argo cap and have a stream coming, but hopefully the DPS in comming is staggering by then.

Sony try to put it on auto tho or you will die, it will also never go off when you want it. I can’t remember it’s time stats but it can be on a lot. But it’s basically for fighting the nasty enemy as it gives you that buffer on defence.

Bio has one major weakness it tries to fill,

cascade defence failure. Basically if your being hit by 20 enemy a second, on average 1 will get lucky each time. But if their attack lowers defence, the next round won’t be as forgiving and maybe 3 get trough. Then 10, and within 2-3 seconds your at -100% defence.

2 main things do this debuff regularly, lethal damage from swords and bullets and energy attacks from BP and Nictus. So you use the buffer to give you an extra few seconds to even the numbers out.

for reference, my character is minimum height, heavy build dressed like Chucky with a very large sword with an aura making it drop blood. So against most enemy he is waist height and looks like he is cutting their legs out. Makes the KD look more entertaining.

i might get on and play again for a while, see if anything is changing. I was hoping they would finish the other 5 incarnate powers to add some new end content as there is little left do do after soo long lol.

2 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

I'm really concerned at the pondering of a power with a 3s activation time being considered a panic button. Or ctrl-clicking it.

Pop SM, go in, start whacking things. Either they're dead or flopping around due to all the KD that TW gives. Might have to fire off a heal if something gets through and gets an unfortunate 5% chance to-hit in.

Granted, I am very much reading playstyles are way different then mine.

I like to blow stuff up and move on to the next bags of XP and drops.

For example, I don't slot DNA Siphon for healing. I proc bomb it for an early AOE that is VERY effective.

SM, DNA, PA, start whacking. Collect rewards.

Either way, be like batman. Plan ahead. Assume you are going to be taking all the alpha. When you are playing Bio, things go sideways FAST. If your HP bar starts moving in the wrong direction, it's normally already to late.

Clearly you play Bio armour a lot with the comment about if you see your health move your in deep sh&t already lol.

when I played, I relied 100% on absorb, the health was rarely touched, damage taken badges are all I’m lacking as absorb doesn’t or at least didn’t count.

I’ve used the proc bomb move on DNA as well, and your right, it’s got a decent effect, maybe more so as I think they added new sets that interface with it. I’m not a massive fan of maybe damage. I like to know the number of hits a boss can take so I can chain the attack and on the last one change targets mid animation to keep the momentum going. It’s also very satisfying to take out a lvl 54 fake nemesis before they can activate the shield by planning your last attack to be a build up critical.

swapping DNA to a damage proc will defiantly give you a tad more damage, I find TWs overkill damage is usually enough to kill things at any level and having the DNA is handy as a top up for recovery if some nasty critter sucks up your power, canaries are bad for it. In general combat endurance never really moves tho. Against normal armoured enemy that variety of damage from prices will help melt them down tho.

alas with all builds I had to compromise to suite the missions that I liked the most.  khans TF, ITF, Market TF, the Nemesis Trial and Eden.

main things in those are defence debuffs, endurance drains and to hit buffs.

i also ran them all at max level usually solo or maybe a duo as there wasn’t many wanting to do them at the time so the self reliance was important, inspirations are like steroids, if you use them constantly you get a false sense of power.

1 hour ago, Jaegernault said:

Clearly you play Bio armour a lot with the comment about if you see your health move your in deep sh&t already lol.

Yeah. My first 50 was a regen scrapper back in Issue 4. I learned how to joust, so to speak, because of that player. LOS and all that jazz. And planning before jumping in to mobs. GTFO of dodge isn't something I'm opposed to doing on any toon I play.

With that said...I value killing something before it can kill me QUITE a lot. If it's dead it can't hit you. I want enough survivability, then I build to eek out damage after that. If I wanted to bore something to death I'd main a tanker and put brawl on auto.

1 hour ago, SomeGuy said:

Yeah. My first 50 was a regen scrapper back in Issue 4. I learned how to joust, so to speak, because of that player. LOS and all that jazz. And planning before jumping in to mobs. GTFO of dodge isn't something I'm opposed to doing on any toon I play.

With that said...I value killing something before it can kill me QUITE a lot. If it's dead it can't hit you. I want enough survivability, then I build to eek out damage after that. If I wanted to bore something to death I'd main a tanker and put brawl on auto.

Yea, you dont see superman taking the hits while green arrow sits at the back shooting them!

I just logged on to play for an hour, did the Pandora Part 5 flashback on +4*8, soooo much vengeance from nemesis, levelled up 4 times though haha. made 18m from kills, not counting any salvage. I did have to call my incarnate pets in the lab mission.

@Jaegernault can you post the just recent build? It is just somewhere in the pages of this post. 

Also,  I'm looking to make a do-it-all character. I want the character for tfs, teams, solo,  badges, etc. Do you guys have any opinions on TW vs. Battle axe? I know for 100%that I'm going/ bio

Battle axe is similar but I believe it’s pure lethal from memory.

i use my TW/Bio scrapper for everything. My farm of choice is Pandora’s box flashback. Takes about 90m, get 5+ levels and 20m inf from kills alone.

no character can outpace everything at anything, but you can give everything a run for it’s money. With this specific combo you can last as long as a tank of the same set and put damage out greater then a brute eating red inspirations. You can’t judge the brutes performance at capped damage as if they spent that long on inspiration management you wouldn’t be attacking efficiently.

im not sure my current build is any different but I can screenshot what its currently at if you like. Incase I did tweet anything, but any tweeks I did were very much min/maxing for my play style

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaegernault said:

Yes,  quite substantially I believe. Getting the set is there he hard part, evolving them is easy

It’s the superior version of the unique set that lets the scrapper outperform the brute on sustainable damage reliably. Your able to accurately hit your target for 1200 damage on demand.

2 hours ago, Chrona Blaze said:

@Jaegernault

Do the Superior versions you slot in your build really perform better that their non superior versions? 

Its funny, this thread is ancient now, written for a version of the game that no longer really exists yet it sill keeps getting dragged up every so often 😄

I’m using the Jaegernault build, only Vet level 3 right now. It’s still a beast! 

I’ve been having no issues soloing +4x8 S/L farms. As long as I manage the mob aggro and pay attention to my health bars. Early on I would be swarmed with mobs and sometimes bio would fail me. But I think it was just me playing like I’m on my farming brute and not thinking. 

once adjusted to different play style, things are much better. Even not fully incarnate slotted yet, but still mowing thru enemies.

Only target bosses, your AoE will kill everything else. I poped on and did a bank mission this afternoon, not done one in near 3 years and Ghost Widow tried it on with me! She only appeared as a lvl 53 AV but she still got her butt kicked. 

The resistance rebuff is active, tho after a few hundred VET levels I just build them all lol.

the thinking was that at peak, I’m capping most stats a scrapper can reach and interface is based on hits, TW is slow as a chain so your not gonna be getting loads of stacks. With the diminishing returns on accuracy, damage, defence I decided if I was gonna be hitting something more then 3 times it’s probably tough so I’d want to lower its resistance. I think it’s like 2.5% per hit or something silly, but when your hitting your enemy for 1500 damage, it’s an extra 45 damage potentially per application.

destiny and judgment get used the most tho. Hybrid for some reason affects judgment too so can boost it if needed. 

alpha was musculature as it’s a heavy damage bonus that’s hard to pass up. 

lore I like the Banished Parthenon, asthetics don’t play a part, the pet that’s immortal has a really nice PBAoE that will kill minions get fast in a large area.

if I’m say clearing a factory and get to a room with 5-6 mobs and I just want to say hi to them all at once, I’ll use shadow meld and run in, I’ll use DNA on the first mob, destruction axe on the second, the PBaoE on the 3rd and drop the pets on the 4th, the 5th is the one nearest the door who come by proxy. Argo cap means they won’t all come at once but as you kil them fast, they will remember the Argo and suddenly come join. Soon as they are chaining up as a line, using judgment will clear a load of minions and force most of the room to converge at once so I’ll get maybe 10 bosses at once to take out.

My son has taken an interest in playing so I’m playing with them just now and yesterday I played for maybe an hour and even at VET 344 I gained 4 levels… if I hadn’t stopped playing god knows what level I’d be lol