Make "/" (Slash) be considered a letter in the Search function

Okay, I have no idea if this is possible with the way things coded, but it would be handy if / was treated as another letter as far as searching the forums is concerned.  I know it sounds ridiculous, but there's a reason:  Searching for specific powerset combinations. Right now if I want to, say, search for a Time/Fire defender, the website sees the words Time and Fire and searches for each one....not that specific combo.  If / was considered a letter, the search would look for one "word," Time/Fire, and only spit out that exact sequence, wouldn't it?

I know from working in a company with both macs and PCs that things get screwy when someone tries to use / as part of a file name, like a date, so I don't know if this is possible....but it'd be cool if it was.

• 5 weeks later
On 1/11/2020 at 3:34 PM, Menelruin said:

Okay, I have no idea if this is possible with the way things coded, but it would be handy if / was treated as another letter as far as searching the forums is concerned.  I know it sounds ridiculous, but there's a reason:  Searching for specific powerset combinations. Right now if I want to, say, search for a Time/Fire defender, the website sees the words Time and Fire and searches for each one....not that specific combo.  If / was considered a letter, the search would look for one "word," Time/Fire, and only spit out that exact sequence, wouldn't it?

The forum already does recognise the / character, but you need to put quotes around the phrase to get the result you want. E.g. a search for "fire/ice" will get 74 hits containing that exact phrase, while "fire ice" gets a single hit.

• Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!