Absorption questions

Bill Z Bubba

Are there caps on absorption?  I noticed on my tank that I'm not limited to the HP cap at least when adding the 1800 I got at one point to my 2440 base.

If absorption isn't limited by the HP cap, does it have some other backed in limit? Or is it as simple as absorption cap = hp cap so you couldn't technically end up with 2X HP cap if such a thing were ever possible.

Guess this matters a lot more on those with much lower caps.

Please explain with numbers if possible.

Absorb is capped to the base max HP for your class. So on your tank, you can have up to ~3600 hp and stack 1874 absorb on top of that.

Tangentially, Absorb% increases with your current HP. As in, the more HP you have, the more Absorb you get from any of your Absorb powers.

Thanks, @nihilii, but I'm still confused. From da webs: Tanker-1874.1-3212.7 for base and max HP.

So absorption is capped to base HP, thus the 1874 you have listed.

How does the Absorb% increase?

If my tank has 2200 HP, how much does the Absorb% change? Is that change before heal enhancement, after, does it matter?

Sorry, I'm being confusing - I meant Absorb% increases with your current max HP.

(Probably a bug, because it makes no sense and isn't explained anywhere.)

I'm not sure how much it changes, nor how it relates to heal enhancements, as I've never bothered to test it nor seen it mentioned on the boards. All I can say is I've noticed the difference when my max HP increased; through accolades or amplifiers, for example.

Re: tank max HP, they got a buff at some point to distinguish them from brutes. It was raised to 3600ish or so.

• Thanks 1

For some quick and dirty numbers, my sentinel hopped in Atlas Park right now to get amplifiers.

Ablative Carapace in Offensive Adaptation at lvl 50 with 88% heal enhancement and 1900hp: +1072 Absorbpbp
Same setup, with survival amplifiers (+15% base hp, bringing us to 2081hp): +1174 Absorpbpb

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 2