Renaming not working?

Dragone

I had a toon with a name I wanted on a different account. I deleted the first toon and tried to rename the other one. I keep getting the message that the name is already taken. I logged back into the other account, remade the toon and was able to get the name. I then went to character select and renamed it to something else. I then logged into the account I want the name on and STILL get the "The name is already taken" message. Is there something going on with the naming server?

Sounds like a back-end sync issue. It's probably intentionally delayed so that players have a chance to get their name back on the same account.

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I think the difference here is that he had two accounts and the name was in use on one. 

"Superguy" was on account A.

He wanted "Superguy" on account B

He deletes"Superguy" from account A, and then tries to rename a char on account B to "Superguy" as it should be free. He gets an error.

He re-creates "Superguy" on account A with no issue, then renames him, so in theory the name should be free.

He tries to rename a char on account B to "Superguy" again, and again gets an error.

There's probably just a time delay from when you free up the name to where the system recognizes that the name is free. If the name recycling threads on the server forums are any indication, there's not an issue i'm aware of.

8 minutes ago, NNDeepdish said:

I think the difference here is that he had two accounts and the name was in use on one. 

"Superguy" was on account A.

He wanted "Superguy" on account B

He deletes"Superguy" from account A, and then tries to rename a char on account B to "Superguy" as it should be free. He gets an error.

He re-creates "Superguy" on account A with no issue, then renames him, so in theory the name should be free.

He tries to rename a char on account B to "Superguy" again, and again gets an error.

There's probably just a time delay from when you free up the name to where the system recognizes that the name is free. If the name recycling threads on the server forums are any indication, there's not an issue i'm aware of.

You are correct, that is what I had tried. I just now tried again to rename him and was successful so I think what Frostbiter said is right, there is a delay 🙂