Titan Weapon Tank - primary power?

denarchy7

I'm planning on rolling a titan weapon tank but as far as survivability goes I have narrowed my armor options down to Stone and Invul. Which of these allows more survivability and flexibility with regards to Titan weapons? Or should I be using a different power set to enhance TW powers?

Which of these allows more survivability and flexibility

The short answer would be Stone Armor has better survivability and Invuln has better flexibility. Stone is probably the tankiest of all Tanker primaries, but it is also the least mobile.

Invuln is quite good. It is the most popular Tanker primary for a reason.

Titan Weapons has a hard hitting but slow feel.  It also uses a Momentum mechanic that may not be friendly to recharge slows.  I'd try it with something other than Stone. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I would give Electric Armor a shot. You can eventually ignore Endurance Drain entirely, you also get some recharge in the form of Lightning Reflexes, and Energize will also reduce the cost of your endurance powers for half a minute. Power Sink is perfect for getting back any lost endurance since Titan Weapons eat a lot of endurance. Plus you have the resistance to recharge debuffs and psi resistance too. Edit: When I say you can eventually ignore Endurance Drain entirely, I mean by level 8. By then Grounded and Static Shield will offer a combined 110% or so resistance to Endurance Drain, never fear those Elec blast mobs/Sappers again.

It was 10 years ago that I wrote the guide about holding aggro with a Willpower tanker.  But Titan Weapons probably would make a good pairing with WP: it contains several big cones and PBAoEs.  You will want to have that chat with Null the Gull about Speed Boost. 

This may be my next WP tanker project, at least after I make a WP/Spines tanker. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 3 weeks later

Titan Weapons is something that I was asking for, specific to tankers, years ago when the game was live.

Not specifically the giant weapons but a power set that is more representative of "active tanking". Why is the tanker the most dangerous one in the room? Because he or she will take on 3 or 4 of the enemy in one blow! Taunt becomes a tool for pulling stragglers off of team members rather than a core ability.  Sure Titan Weapons is a bit slow in the lower levels but the Momentum mechanic along with a mindful attack string helps with that.

"As Nintova suggests, you can treat a tanker like a melee controller."

- Heraclea

It was 10 years ago that I wrote the guide about holding aggro with a Willpower tanker.  But Titan Weapons probably would make a good pairing with WP: it contains several big cones and PBAoEs.  You will want to have that chat with Null the Gull about Speed Boost. 

This may be my next WP tanker project, at least after I make a WP/Spines tanker.

How is WP overall, I've been debating between WP or Stone (or maybe Dark)

TW is very resource intensive - END, Animation Time, and Player focus/attention are all resources that it demands a lot of.

I have 2 TW characters stalled - one a Dark/Titan tank, one a Titan/Bio Scrapper - because I found I was not having fun trying to feed both powersets the END/Attention/Animation Time time they demanded.

TW/Bio Scrap would be a beast, as would the Tank I built - but they are hard to play and little fun in doing so, at least for me.

As such, I recommend WP (feeds endurance, few emergency buttons) and Invuln (few emergency buttons, and at least not an END HOG).  While WP may be ultimately slightly squishier at ‘Maximum Set Bonuses and Incarnates’ - its a tank.  It will still be tougher than you would ever need to be, and it will feed more END to your TW end hog.

I would actively disreccomend Stone and Dark.

• Like 1

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute