Tutorial and Warshades

Tommy Truestar

Hi all, I have created a new shiny Warshade and would like to start in one of the Tutorial zones. After creating the character I get dumped directly into Atlas Park. There was no option to visit the Tutorial.

General question: How do "normal characters" enter the Tutorial at the end of character creation?

Warshade question: Is it possible for Warshades to enter the Tutorial at the end of character creation?

Thanks!

Tommy

FYI - been searching the forum and WiKi but wasn't able to find an answer.

Edited by Tommy Truestar

Like Peacebringers, Warshades go straight to Atlas Park, and for Villains, the Arachnos Soldiers and Widows go straight to Mercy Island, without being permitted to do the tutorials.  "Normal Characters" at the end of creating the character, are prompted with the option of if they want to do the tutorial or not.  If you choose to do the tutorial, be aware that Outbreak makes you a "Hero", in which the end sends you to Atlas Park; Breakout sends you to Mercy Island as a Villain; Galaxy City is the neutral tutorial, where you get to choose whether you're a Villain or a Hero.

To add some more detail, once you get into the game you will have the chance to go back into the tutorial zones (through the Ouroboros flashback system) to get badges that are available within them, but not run the actual tutorial content itself that way. Since Warshades, Peacebringers, Arachnos Soldiers, and Arachnos Widows were all ATs that used to require you to unlock them with another character (a level 50 for most of the time, although that was lowered and eventually eliminated), it was assumed that you would have either already run the tutorial or deliberately skipped it by the time you got one.

In addition to the Outbreak, Breakout, and Galaxy City tutorials there is also the Going Rogue tutorial which starts you off in Praetoria and you can choose to be either a Loyalist or Resistance; it has some newer content but is generally harder and is less populated, compounding the issues. You can also go back and run the Praetoria content (except the tutorial) through Ouroboros as well.

• Like 1

• 4 years later

This is pretty weird.  

"If you want to work with Arachnos, speak with Operative Kuzmin."  But Operative Kuzmin won't talk to you unless you do the tutorial.  Of course, Arachnos Soldiers can't do the tutorial.  What if I'm an Arachnos Soldier who wants to work with Arachnos?

Edited by Zombra

15 hours ago, Zombra said:

This is pretty weird.  

"If you want to work with Arachnos, speak with Operative Kuzmin."  But Operative Kuzmin won't talk to you unless you do the tutorial.  Of course, Arachnos Soldiers can't do the tutorial.  What if I'm an Arachnos Soldier who wants to work with Arachnos?

You should be able to walk right up to Operative Kuzmin and speak with him.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 3:53 PM, Lunar Ronin said:

You should be able to walk right up to Operative Kuzmin and speak with him.

To follow up, this was not the case.  Kuzmin told me to go jump in the lake; but another user said I should talk to Alan Desslock.  Desslock connected me with Kuzmin so it all turned out good.  🙂

Edited by Zombra
  • Thumbs Up 1