regen sentinel?

0th Power

Regen Sentinels tend to be the ones posting positive experiences on the internet.

Mine is 50, and I believe I have every Regen power except Moment of Glory.

The Fast Healing passive is enough at first to keep you up.  By double digits, its not, so you can pick up Hover and be near immortal to the 30s as long as you keep getting your regen new powers.  Mid 30s, you will need an outside source of defense/resists, but be careful of toggles.  You can run them anytime your EndoMod slots are level++ easy, but if you replace them every 5 levels, the times they are below your level with SOs endo is a big issue.  You can correct this at 37 by picking up some level 40 workbench IOs for cheap from the Black Market.  That will keep your endo flowing.

The key point for the sentinel is to keep the endo flowing so you have both the initial burst of the blaster with the sustained dps of the melee without eating PBAOEs and having enough survivability to  make it through any rough patches.

That is actually kinda nailing it as I see it "Initial burst of a blaster with the sustained dps of a scrapper". Since we get better single target rotations this is an actuality at low levels when blasters need perma-hasten to acheive the same.

Compare Regen to Bio Armor or Radiation Armor and it's completely inferior. You shouldn't have to take other powers to compensate for the lack of strength of the set. Sure when you have Moment of Glory it's great, but that's got a recharge time of 240 seconds, and that downtime is alot of time to be down. I have been running with IO's since 25 and put nothing but IO's in, whenever enhancement slots were available. It's ok against normal stuff like bosses and what not, as long as you aren't being hit by alot of them. But... the minute you have to fight something like an EB, it crumbles. Unlike say Bio Armor or Radiation Armor that gets a shield that totally protects them, allowing them to take down the EB. It's really nuts. Then we have some defensive powers that give us only a few points. I mean seriously? We have to take powers OUTSIDE are set just to make our set work? That's what you call broken! They should have just moved regular old regen over and let us have instant regeneration. Not having that cripples the set.

Marshal Valor

Commander of the 1st Fist of Light

Instant Regeneration, as sentinels get it, does LITERALLY give you a "shield that totally protects them".

If your issue is a lack of defenses once that shield is down, this is true, but it is not the purpose of the set.  Sentinels are not tanks, and cannot tank for any prolonged encounter.  They can easily survive limited duration bursts of damage, scattered around... as one might find in a logical team.  Unlike the Blaster or Corruptor, the Sentinel does not grab floor the moment something notices us and throws some casual damage our way.

I do not find Regen to be inferior to any set.  If you do, you are certainly welcome to play that set.  However, from all your previous posts on the subject, I am more inclined to believe that you have something of a vested interest in finding fault in the existence of the sentinel AT for some reason.

• 2 weeks later

My biggest gripe so far with Regen for Sentinels (I'm only at 20) is that Integration should have come a tier or two earlier. I dislike having my biggest mitigating power pushed back to level 20 earliest. I would have taken pushing Quick Recovery further down the list to accomplish that.

I also would have pushed Second Wind up the list by quite a bit, even with its self-resurrect ability and Instant Regeneration down. Second Wind will either be your replacement for Dull Pain or the thing you hit because you didn't have that extra level of mitigation and got downed because of it. Instant Regeneration is useless at the level you get it at, as its scaling at low level is trash and it is otherwise ineffective without SO or better slotting. The teen levels for Sentinel Regen are, while not atrocious, definitely sub-par to regular Regen.

As a whole set, including MoG, it still fares worse than what I remember from Scrapper due to the lack of Instant Healing, but it's still a fun set. I just don't like the organization of the powers.

MoG is the same MoG I had with my old Scrapper, and getting it to a roughly 20% uptime due to sets and Hasten? I don't complain about that at all.