New to Corrupting :)

Gurox

Hi all,

In need of help of power combinations with the new skill trees. I played for many years as melee champs, wondering if people could share their view of builds and combinations that has worked for them.

Was thinking of a water/time build seems interest enough but if anyone could shed light that would be amazing

Thanks!!

Support sets have a LOT of variation so it depends on what you like. If you're used to melee characters then Time will probably be a good secondary for you since it provides decent personal defenses and encourages you to get in close. Traps would also be a good set with a similar play style.

Water isn't a bad primary to pair with Time. It gives some soft control and self healing which is useful for a Corruptor who wants to be in melee range a lot. The -Speed debuffs on powers are probably superflous since Time already has a lot of speed debuffs but you can't have everything.

Defender Smash!

Well my Time character is a Time/Electric Defender so I'm slightly biased in that direction :p. I will say that's a solid and incredibly tough combo, but the damage isn't the greatest. Basically Time keeps you alive long enough for Short Circuit to sap your foes. It's kind of like playing a Tanker, your foes can't hurt you but you're killing them very slowly. That being said it's also a better choice for a defender than a Corruptor since getting fast-cast on Zapp is easier for a Defender than a Corruptor and the set really benefits form having that to round out it's single target attack chain.

I think it's useful to start with the sets that I wouldn't want to pair with Time. Off the top of my head those would be Assault Rifle, Beam Rifle, Dark Blast, Energy Blast and Sonic Attack. These are the sets I feel have negative synergy with Time's Juncture (which is a key power for Time) since they are either heavily reliant on cones or tend to knockback enemies in a way that makes it hard to debuff them. You could probably make them work but I feel you're playing against their strengths.

Looking at the other sets it depends a bit on what you want. Archery and Fire will both offer good damage. Fire is slightly better, especially at low levels but Archery will catch up somewhat once you get Rain of Arrows.

Electrical and Ice are the more defensive sets. You give up some damage but you get more damage mitigation through your primary (drain in Electric, slows and control in Ice).

Radiation and Water are kind of middle of the road. Your damage won't be as good as Archery or Fire and the debuffs/control aren't as good as Electric or Ice but you're kind of splitting the difference.

That leaves Dual Pistols and Psychic Blast. To be honest I don't like Dual Pistols, it's not awful but I never really cared for it as a set. Psychic Blast I don't have any strong feelings either way, from what I recall it was generally regarded as a bit weak but I never played it myself so I can't really comment.

Defender Smash!

Looks great bud, by the way guessing SS was your travel power of choice im thinking of using fly instead because im playing with a laptop that hasn't got amazing specs. Don't judge I just never thought I would be PC gaming again lol