issue with ubuntu

fandz

Hello All,

I have a issue to play to COH with ubuntu (18.04 LTS)

I installed wine and winetricks.

Tequilla doesn't work for me, so i used the perl script "Penguin on the Rocks"

it's ok to load all the game file and at the end of script, I have this error message

0009:err:module:__wine_process_init L"C:\\windows\\system32\\hc-bin64cityofheroes.exe" not found

so i arrived to launch client with the command

WINEPREFIX="${HOME}/CoH" WINEARCH="win32" wine "/home/data2/coh/game/hc-bin32/cityofheroes.exe" "-patchversion 20200127_706 -auth 51.X.X.X -patchdir homecoming -renderthread 0"

with this command, COH is lanched, but when i want to connect to the server, I have only on server (unamed) and when i choosed this serveur I have the error message "can't connect to DBServer"

on the CLI, i have this error message 
Connecting to DbServer 192.168.X.X:18717 (UDP) cookie: 0..failed  (90.01)

in my understanding, 192.168.x.x is a private network who don't exist in internet, it's maybe for a private server on a LAN, so i don't know how to configure this adresse and what is the good address

thank you

• Lead Game Master

Hello! The Penguin on the Rocks script has a bug in it, making it unable to handle some paths in our manifest file. As a result, it's currently unable to launch the game. I'll upload the fixed version - use that in place of the one you downloaded, and it should work just fine.

penguinrocks.pl

Interested in supporting Homecoming? Consider applying to become a Game Master!

Hello

I saw there are something wrong with the penguin script

I developed my own script who download and check all the file of the manifest. (I believe that the penguin script don't handle if the first url don't works)

however I don't know if the penguin script do something else (patching someting maybe)

either way, I can launch the cityofhereoes exe file, when i want to select the server, i have only a item it's call unamed, when i click on them i have the message "can't connect to DbServer" with the ip in 192.168..x.x

I dont know if the argument -auth 51.x.x.x is taken into consideration

i will test the new penguin script tonight and  I'll keep you informed

it's ok with the new script

i understood what's wrong 

it isn't the good syntax for the wine command

the good command is 
WINEPREFIX="${HOME}/CoH" WINEARCH="win32" wine "/home/data2/coh/game/hc-bin32/cityofheroes.exe" "-patchversion" "20200127_706" "-auth" "51.X.X.X" "-patchdir" "homecoming" "-renderthread" "0"