Part of the lore you love, other not so much

Redem10

On 2/8/2020 at 9:01 PM, Redem10 said:

The King Row Skulls storyline is pretty amazing, shame that you tend to have a limited number of arc that have this good of a presensaton

The change to dark astoria feel like a bit of a mix bag to me, I don't the concept so much because it's actually pretty good lovecraftian, but haunted Astoria was one of my favourite zone

The destruction of Galaxy City was a bit of hard blow, understandable, but also no resolution

Defintiively think that if they had a resolution in mind for all this, it would have either have been very disapointing or requiring to know what the hell was going on through out in so many factions/lore and being update so much it would have been disapointing for most people

Yeah they DID have a resolution to all of this. The idea was that in order to beat the next big uber-threat, the Battalion, the Dream Doctor would Summon and then merge with Rularuu (the completed version not the aspects we see elsewhere) who is pretty much the most powerful entity in CoH lore since he's a dimension devourer capable of eating reality itself. The Dream Doctor controls him just long enough to basically decimate the Battalion fleet before he sacrifices himself when he gets us to forcibly seal him and the merged Rularuu back away in the Shadow Shards (think what happens with Darrin Wade in Who Will Die?).

After that we have no idea what happens to him I presume there were plans for a Shadow Shard revamp. As for what follows after the Battalion well they were basically such a threat that most 'incarnate level threats' were keeping their heads down to stay hidden from them. With us wiping them out it means all of a sudden there's a power vacuum and everyone would be struggling to be ontop with the heroes and villains of Earth caught in the middle. These threats would still be large but nowhere near as terrifying as the Battalion. As I've often mentioned, Positron stated that even with all the Incarnate abilities they had planned unlocked we'd be roughly level 60 in power whilst the Battalion would be level 100, basically way beyond our league at that time hence resorting to Rularuu. I guess the next set of threats would be about level 70-80 kind of power with a while new set of Incarnate powers being added.

Edited by DR_Mechano

On 2/8/2020 at 1:11 PM, Vanden said:

I really like Rularuu and the Shadow Shard. I wish it hadn't taken the game being cancelled and a lore bible document being leaked to find out what the deal was with the Shard, though.

You know taht so called lore bible that got leaked was incomplete and kinda piecemeal taking bits from various eras of development right? And what is not to understand about the shard?

Its a artificially created pocket dimension made by the early midnighters to protect this dimension from a multi dimensional entity that feeds on existence itself. Rul is just CoHs stand in for galactus but even scarier because he does entire dimensions not just a single universe.

Hell Rul is really the perfect answer to what happened in nov 2012. Big Ol Rul broke free due to damage to the shard caused by Darren Wades attempts. That dimension was devoured, and then followed the refugees to the next dimension where that dimensions version of midnighters likely allied with the menders to create a time trap to stick the rul into a new shard but far enough in the past to make this new worls history of rul sound exactly the same.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

You know taht so called lore bible that got leaked was incomplete and kinda piecemeal taking bits from various eras of development right? And what is not to understand about the shard?

Its a artificially created pocket dimension made by the early midnighters to protect this dimension from a multi dimensional entity that feeds on existence itself. Rul is just CoHs stand in for galactus but even scarier because he does entire dimensions not just a single universe.

Hell Rul is really the perfect answer to what happened in nov 2012. Big Ol Rul broke free due to damage to the shard caused by Darren Wades attempts. That dimension was devoured, and then followed the refugees to the next dimension where that dimensions version of midnighters likely allied with the menders to create a time trap to stick the rul into a new shard but far enough in the past to make this new worls history of rul sound exactly the same.

I mean, you left out that Rularuu was a travel agent.