Recoloring Circle of Thorns 3 Shoulder model

Idiotfool

Hello,

I'm trying to change my character's shoulder armor (Circle of Thorns 3), but it isn't working. This armor acts a bit like a small cape, with a different interior (front facing) color than that shown on the back. The only way I can get this part to recolor is to link all colors, then restart the coloring process, but I'd like to know if I'm missing something. Is there another way to recolor this part?

Thanks!

If I understand correctly what you're seeing, has happened to a few parts in the past which like capes, have a 2nd set of colors. Notably the Cybertech Long jacket which acts like a trench coat (but isn't in that category, it's in with the regular jacket). The issue is that the costume creator has to be flagged for that item specifically for you to have the ability to pick the primary and secondary colors for the second layer. However, if you apply colors to all, those get covered by default. It's fine if you pick the shoulder detail while you still have colors linked, but if you break the link and then pick it for the first time it'll probably default to the black and white colors that are one in from the left and right and require you to pick your desired colors and then link them again. 

However, there is a work around if applying colors to all will goof up your design - you can save the costume file to your computer, then use a text editor like notepad to go in and directly edit the second pair of color channels. I did that for my cybertech trench coat (and I believe it's now been fixed in the costume editor). You should drop a bug note in the appropriate forum for this as well, btw.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!