Dual Pistol Question

BrandX

Trying to make a build for a DP/Nin with as much ST DPS as I could get.  So far, looking to be the 160+ range (not sure how much the -Resist Procs add to DPS, but hoping more than 1 each).

Got to wondering, is there a macro to switch between ammo types for Piercing Rounds?  Should I just keep it with Fire Ammo?  

160 DPS? Are you planning to use procs?  I could see 160 running Piercing Rounds with no procs and just trying to push recharge.

Sentinel Incendiary Ammo seems to brute force past the resistance debuff.  This is true too on Blasters but not at all on Defenders and to a lesser extent Corruptors. 

I'm totally spit balling here from my own observations, but it looks like all of the other ammo types take on AT debuff modifiers.  Incendiary Ammo isn't a debuff.  It gets AT damage scale.  The reverse is true on an AT like a Defender that gets their scalars on everything that too.  That'll favor the debuffs over Incendiary every day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

Sentinel and Blaster Piercing Rounds debuff in standard ammo is -9.6% resistance.  Defender... -20%.  Corruptors -15%.  The resistance debuff is just as resistable as any other that isn't explicitly flagged "non-resistable".  Incendiary Ammo adds something like 13~% more damage to Piercing Rounds (running off memory that was done on napkin math from a months ago) and just under 9% on the other attacks.  Fire is largely uncontested as things go currently so I think Incendiary was averaging out within a few points of better DPS than juggling Standard Ammo.  The DoT is also very short in duration so it will likely fall off before you reapply it.

Piercing Rounds can take Annihilation's proc which is -12%, but Suppressive Fire animates faster, recharges faster, and can take on the Hold purple proc.  Adding in Achilles' Heel is kind of a wash since it should go in the routine, and my preference is Executioner's Shot for the higher chance.  I'll use ES roughly every 4.22 seconds anyway so there are plenty of chances to refresh the debuff or apply it for the first time.  Even though Suppressive Fire doesn't gain benefit from Incendiary Ammo for damage it still does very well purely due to taking on multiple procs ideally at least one purple (from the Hold group).  Dual Wield can potentially out perform Suppressive Fire purely gauging just Incendiary Ammo and no procs.  Just baseline damage they are close when running fire.

More fun tangents, Piercing Rounds on Corruptors can make use of the that AT Chance for Negative damage as well as other procs.  That's a purple quality proc in a power that can hit 3 targets with a decent chance to pull it off since the narrow cone isn't that awful on PPM calcs. 

Anyhoo... My DP/Nin runs Pistols, Suppressive Fire, and Executioner's Shot with damage procs.  The last time I bothered to time a Pylon was June of last year at 230~ DPS.  That was before I did a respec and changed my slotting.  Maybe higher or lower now, but I'm very comfortable with the performance. 

Chain is Executioner's - Pistols - Suppressive - Pistols unless under the effects of more recharge like Ageless/Accelerate Metabolism.  Under those heightened recharges I just simplify to Executioner - Suppressive - Pistols.  Pistols at the end guarantees Offensive Opportunity every 13 seconds like clockwork barring any misses. 

It is possible that ammo dancing between Standard and Incendiary is worth it, but that is far too cumbersome for my lazy self to bother with.

Edited by oldskool

It was with Incarnates BUT my goal was never to take out Pylons for the purpose of doing a results post.  So there are caveats here that I need to express. 

1) All initial testing was exploring attack combinations focused on recharge and exploring ways of including Gaussian's in Tactics (solo this is really poor, but group wise has potential). 
2) Initial tests ran with T1 Musculature Alpha, Reactive, and Assault (turned off).  Never used Ageless on this character - still don't have it. 
3) Once I felt more comfortable discovering what I preferred I tested again around T4 Musculature Alpha, T3 Degenerative, and T1 Assault (turned off). 

I've experimented with tossing out caltrops first, then Hail of Bullets, and then rotational powers.  I've experimented with just hammering attacks and ignoring the T9 too. 

When I say about 230~ that's running the Incarnates in #3 opening with Hail (Edit: actually, that may not be true - I may have just used single-target attacks. See below in the suggestions regarding Opportunity) and going into single-target.  Suppressive Fire was running 5x Apocalypse + Unbreakable Constraint.  Pistols ran 3x Thunderstrike, Achilles' Heel, Lady Grey, and PvP.  Finally, Executioner's Shot ran Lady Grey, PvP, and Impeded Swiftness (I believe)).  Global recharge was around 180. 

Since then, I have changed my build.  Those three attacks all carry 3x Thunderstrike (Edit: with +5 boosters each).  Pistols carries Lady Grey, PvP, and Decimation: Build-Up.  Executioner's Shot carries Apocalypse (the proc only - rest of the set mules in DW), Lady Grey (or maybe PvP - haven't logged in a few days), and Achilles' Heel.  Suppressive Fire runs Unbreakable Constraint, PvP hold (Lethal), and PvP toxic.  Global recharge is between 150-160.  I think my build at the time cost 500~ million?  Certainly not the most expensive character I have and there are no Winter Sets in my build.  There are just the PvP globals and a few procs.  Everything else is standard for purple sets and LoTGs.  Pricey, but not super fancy.  AoE is my lowest defense at 45% and Ranged is my highest at around 48%.  One of these days I do plan to go for Ageless in the DDR path, not the other path, but for the time being I have Rebirth and Barrier.  As far as defensive Incarnate options go, I'm good. 😉

Attack sequence is Executioner's Shot to apply Achilles' Heel - Pistols to try and trigger Decimation - Suppressive Fire to take advantage - Pistols to retry Decimation and trigger Offensive Opportunity.  Repeatable into infinity with my current endurance recovery rate.  I only click the endurance heal in extreme cases which is very rare, but incredibly handy against Malta/Carnival.  I do have Dual Wield slotted with 5x Apocalypse for the recharge bonus.  This is largely a mule but I keep it in my back pocket for Defensive Opportunity on those occasions where I do not wish to click either Nin powers but still want some health/endurance recovery.  If I use DW, then I follow up with Bullet Rain.  Empty Clips and Bullet Rain house the Sentinel ATOs.  The Ward is in Bullet Rain and the other is Empty Clips.  I really don't care about how Empty Clips is slotted the set is purely a mule there.  Hail of Bullets has the PBAoE 5x purple set with fire proc + PvP resistance debuff proc. 

I'm going to toss out several ideas for the attacks you have listed, but forgive me if you thought about it already. 

I'd love to try Piercing Rounds with Annihilation Proc first (-12% resist) -> Executioner's Shot with Achilles' Heel second (-20% resist) - the other two.  However, there are some possible issues with this unique to Sentinels due to the Opportunity mechanic. 

DW, Suppressive, and Executioner all generate 13 meter per hit landed.  Piercing Rounds will generate 18 meter per successful activation.  It appears to only add this once and not per target.  Been a while since I have used it in testing so that may not be true anymore.  (Edit: Hail of Bullets only generates 1 opportunity meter per activation and it totally ignores the number of targets.  The Opportunity Strikes proc will convert this to 100% meter like it does in all T9s. So all discussion on attack routines below completely ignore Hail of Bullets as it totally botches the entire point of building and spending meter with Dual Pistols.  If you plan to use this attack consider running 5x Opportunity Strikes plus Fury of the Gladiator to try to get -40% resistance going as soon as possible.  That's quite possibly worth doing, but that is a guess at best.)

So the conundrum here is that using those 4 attacks is 2.64 second Arcanatime plus 3 attacks all with 1.848 second Arcanatime animations.  That's 8.184 seconds for your first volley.  That's 57 opportunity meter built in 8.184 seconds (13 + 13 + 13 + 18).

On rotational pass #2 you will hit 88 opportunity before the 3rd attack assuming you are starting off with Piercing Rounds.  So if DW is attack #3 then it will build over 90 meter BUT it cannot trigger Opportunity when it also builds the requirement for itself.  I've tested that multiple times, and if the attack lands you at 90% meter it will not also trigger on top of itself. You'd need to swap out Suppressive Fire as attack #4 with Pistols (if you have it) or else you will delay triggering Defensive Opportunity until you either interrupt the routine with DW or wait to keep the cycle running.  Alternatively you use DW as attack #4 after Suppressive Fire which will guarantee Defensive Opportunity at over 90 meter.  Delaying Opportunity is a loss of -20% resistance against a tough target even if you use Defensive Opportunity exclusively. 

If you use the rotation you propose you will miss out on Opportunity until your next pass unless you swap out Suppressive Fire for Pistols when the inherent is available. 

You're looking at 13 + 13 + 13 + 18 (57) on pass one at 8.184 seconds.  Pass two DW again 70 meter (10.032 seconds) -> Suppressive Fire 83 meter (11.88 seconds) -> Executioner's Shot 96 meter -- Opportunity available 13.728 seconds -> Piercing Rounds  114 meter (-14 since overflow is ignored) 16.368 seconds. 

Pass #3 - Dual Wield automatically triggers Defensive Opportunity after 16.368 seconds granting you 15 seconds of uptime.  You will wait 16-17~ seconds before you trigger it again. 

(Edit: MOAR edits) Alternative idea -

Piercing Rounds - Executioner's - Suppressive - Dual Wield

Opportunity first pass builds 57 meter.

Second pass you will build 101 Opportunity by the second activation of Suppressive Fire.  This guarantees Dual Wield tacked on at the end will trigger the effect on a target.  This takes 14.52 seconds to build up.  That's not horrible and may be the best way to ensure uptime on the inherent with that rotation.  Maybe.  Just napkin mathing here and I could be VERY wrong. 😉

Alternative #2 - use Pistols over DW.  Pistols has higher DPA for lower damage per hit but the recharge and animation are favorable.  Proc chance using 3.5 PPM items is in the 30% per activation ballpark.  Pistols generates 8 meter per shot and would shave off some time it takes to unlock Opportunity and in this case Offensive Opportunity would also increase damage for 15 seconds on top of the debuff. 

Replacing DW with Pistols would change the build time of Opportunity to 13.86 seconds (2.64 + 1.848 + 1.848 + 1.188 + 2.64 + 1.848 + 1.848 + Opportunity triggers). Long form math to show my work. 😉

The above is exactly why I don't use Piercing Rounds on the Sentinel anymore and why I shifted completely to just Pistols(or DW)/Suppressive Fire/Executioner's Shot. 

Pistols animates in 1.188 seconds (if I recall that right) and the other two in 1.848 seconds each.  If I can squeeze out enough recharge (and I have run this before) to run just those 3 that's a 4.884 second animation cycle give or take some lag.  However, since I use the procs that I do my actual rotation is extended to pad out time.  So I use Pistols twice per cycle which is fine since it recharges ridiculously fast on just global alone.

So my current playstyle favors 6.072 animation blocks per attack cycle.  That builds me 42 opportunity first volley.  Pistols only builds 8 meter per successful hit (8 + 13 + 8 + 13).  By cycle pass #2 I will build up 84 meter.  The very beginning of cycle #3 will net me 97 meter.  My very next attack is Pistols which will automatically use up the meter to trigger Opportunity.  I do not need to think about this or when to use the attack.  It is built into timing of the sequence.  The time it takes before I can use Opportunity is 13.992 seconds.  This is of course assuming 0 misses but I have built my character to have 95% accuracy on 54's (T3+ Alpha even overshoots).  So a stray shot is possible but tends to be unlikely more often than not.  Still they happen.  When that happens I can swap Suppressive Fire with Dual Wield to trigger Defensive Opportunity.  If that misses then I use Pistols again immediately after that. 

(Edit: So what I currently use is 0.132 seconds longer which is hardly noticeable than the alternative previously show [PR -> ES -> Supp -> Pistol].  I'm fine with this.  With recharge boosting from teammates [on those occasions it happens] where I can run Executioner's Shot - Supp - Pistols this changes.  In this set up you use Exectioner's Shot and Suppressive Fire 6 times and Pistols twice.  That will build Opportunity in 13.464 seconds.  At one point in time I had higher recharge in my attacks making that possible but now I just take advantage in teams when things like Accelerate Metabolism pop up.  A difference in the half second range isn't something my old timer self really notices.)

Why tell you this?  Well, as I am sure you are aware procs like Fury of the Gladiator and Achilles' Heel last 10 seconds.  I want to cram as many attacks into that window with my damage procs as possible.  I want to cram as many Pistols hits as I can every 3 seconds in order to fish for Build-Up which has an effective of circumventing the low per hit probability through increased rolls of the dice.  These all coordinate with trying to have as much uptime on Offensive Opportunity as I can manage without running the Opportunity Strikes proc (which is rather unreliable in Dual Pistols) as possible. 

Occasionally I do miss Piercing Rounds.  I include PR in my Defender/Corruptor builds though so it is a simple matter of swapping characters if I want to use it.  I've updated my write-up on DP in the Collaborative Project thread multiple times now after experimenting with a few different set-ups.  I can't assume I have thought of everything.  So I am genuinely curious to know how your experiment turns out.

Edited by oldskool

Sorry if the above is the ramblings of a madman.  I had a lot of this written down last year and once I decided to settle on a path I tossed my work in the trash (lol).  So I've had to search my own posts and walk through my thought processes.  I figured I would probably not revisit my attack rotation again until after the Sentinel AT is rebalanced as all of my calculations are tied heavily to Opportunity uptime.  A removal of the mechanic as it currently stands would very likely result in me going back to the drawing board.  This will be especially true if Dual Pistols ever gets an animation pass, a damage pass, and if procs are nerfed into the ground.  All 4 factors contribute heavily here and changes to them may inspire a pretty severe overhaul. 

So my apologies if the above reads like a giant mess, but I can't stress this enough.  This is a set that I have spent A LOT of time with and in thought about.  Not all of my experimentation is structured but that didn't stop me from tinkering.  What I discovered is that Dual Pistols is remarkably build friendly on Sentinels as there are multiple attack sequence paths one can take with potentially close results. 

Edited by oldskool

I'm just trying to get to a point where I can solo AVs before the incarnate abilities.  🙂  I didn't think to put the Build Up Proc in an attack, as I thought that one just didn't proc often enough.

Is there a link to this Project?

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

I'm just trying to get to a point where I can solo AVs before the incarnate abilities.  🙂  I didn't think to put the Build Up Proc in an attack, as I thought that one just didn't proc often enough.

Is there a link to this Project?

I was able to hold my own against AVs without procs by level 45, but this was generic IOs (no sets).  It was not enough damage to take one down but merely chip away at it.  If I had Envenomed Daggers, then I may have pulled it off.  Maybe. 

I've solo'ed Clamor in the Penelope Yin TF without my Incarnate abilities.  This was a more final version with set bonuses and damage procs.  No Envenomed Daggers so it was slower than I'd like, and no real DDR so Clamor's Radiation attacks would eat my defense.  Still I could run her around the reactor area, and outside of it, and play line of sight games while my click heal patched me up.  This was doable but I wouldn't attempted it again. 

The Collaboration thread is a sticky in this subforum.  Page 3 has my 30,000ft overview of Dual Pistols.  I purposefully do not go into deep dives on animation times and Opportunity building like I did in this thread.  I did in fact have a version with that, but the post length ballooned far more than I wanted.  As it is, this is already very wordy and the intent is for people to read it vs flipping tables then walking away. ;)

If you feel I missed something or wish to contribute new findings, then I am more than happy to update it as I have previously.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/6950-collaborative-project-a-guide-to-sentinel-sets/page/3/#comments

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dual Wield -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End:50(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(7), Dmg-I:50(7), GldJvl-Dam%:50(9), ImpSwf-Dam%:30(9), ExpStr-Dam%:20(11)
Level 1: Ninja Reflexes -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(11), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(13)
Level 2: Empty Clips -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(15), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(15), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(17), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(17)
Level 4: Danger Sense -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(19), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(19)
Level 6: Suppressive Fire -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(21), Dmg-I:50(21), UnbCns-Dam%:50(23), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%:50(23), NrnSht-Dam%:30(25)
Level 8: Swap Ammo 
Level 10: Shinobi-Iri -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(25), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(27)
Level 12: Bullet Rain -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg:50(27), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(29), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(29), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb:50(50)
Level 14: Kuji-In Rin -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg:50(31)
Level 18: Executioner's Shot -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(31), Apc-Dmg:50(33), Apc-Dam%:50(33), TchofLadG-%Dam:50(33), AchHee-ResDeb%:20(34)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- Prv-Heal:50(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(36), Prv-Absorb%:50(36)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-End/Res:50(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End:50(37), GldArm-ResDam:50(37), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(37)
Level 26: Piercing Rounds -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg:50(39), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(39), Rgn-Knock%:50(40)
Level 28: Bo Ryaku -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(A), StdPrt-ResKB:30(50)
Level 30: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(40), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(40)
Level 32: Hail of Bullets -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(42), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(42), Arm-Dam%:50(43)
Level 35: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow:50(A)
Level 38: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(43), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), Rct-Def/Rchg:50(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(45), Rct-ResDam%:50(45)
Level 41: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit:50(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg:50(46), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx:50(46), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx:50(46), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx:50(48), GssSynFr--Build%:50(48)
Level 44: Assault -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(48)
Level 49: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Opportunity 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-EndRdx:50(A), Clr-Stlth:50(5)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+:40(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(3), Pnc-Heal/+End:50(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod:50(A), PrfShf-End%:50(5)
Level 8: Chemical Ammunition 
Level 8: Cryo Ammunition 
Level 8: Incendiary Ammunition 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1474;712;1424;HEX;|
|78DA6594C94F144114C6AB7A7A186686611B96611960506C368769418D5B3C881A5|
|689245E271D28A1711C083D2472F40FF0A207CF268ACBC193DBD5BBB89C3C60704F|
|DC58D43F607CDDDF7320994E3ABFEEAFEABDEF55BDAE1EBB3258F6F0ECD59342969|
|FCA588E939E54D99C9D5599C0E494ADB2534AB85780EEE6FF23E9F35676464D2707|
|97AC4C7AC27672F319A7A13038A82EAAACA392E37676CECE394B2232313F9F499EB|
|1676669C24C186F19F7B5C27B1E55D6B45A7466ED8590F73EB9A0D474E3E9057B2A|
|B993D45ABC941EB39C9C5A5C8E512D9D74AF1B82AFBC5FACFB84307551728B5ECDA|
|0288983A5BDD04B57A410715D84963521A2BA187213482FD62742D29B138A8065B5|
|CC11C4BE3778AAC8EBF291EE69E58F994FC0CAA7CC67E030E5F721BFE6E3FCD59CB|
|F9AF37FA0BC7EAEDFBF86B81AAEBF86EBAF1BD23CBDEE32626216D6F1916203C89F|
|1F21AF207B05D92BC65E8DECF589E687D92BFC025E8DAB60F34BE62BB0E53568BE0|
|147297FC4DB81BC882450D7186915C8272BAE699ED67203FC4C5E55EC55F58073F2|
|BADA7A31A7CDC4BADA56C1C473F4659CF2463936FA0DFB9FF8CEFC01EEF9C9FCC5D|
|C00257DA4B58815B579BA848F947AEE72BD89597B53CC3EE601F00B55DDC05D6EE8|
|4795FB069807998740E330AA3E47D53621BF6CAA4767CC18A893779CBB12E7AE18D|
|C1583BBF2953C5BD9B3F50872771D651E631E07BB4FC0334C79DB7995ED4DA8BD8A|
|B40E78F93B36A1756F31B7C1DEDFCC3FCCBF603480D3E4C676DE86C7FE3BCC15E65|
|DB0EF1EF33E584DB13DF0153DFC65B49396E43D49F640EB6306692CC563A94AEC81|
|C97BD1AC174EB3FB5153F7E6BADC33EAF7BEF1EEA2D15491621629FD45CA409132A|
|A17FE045204B02E3D084EE885932FA4373B5849E71A4A7E2344A372F7E8D68EA2C9|
|617A3074A15DC0FAB404F67BB3286A7B4791F23A5770137C6BE0DFEBFAADED7A7EB|
|7EBFCFF03CADEF190|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Here's a build I came up with for Executioner's Shot > Suppressive Fire > Dual Wield > .224 Pause > Repeat for what looks like 173 DPS (which I'm guessing doesn't take into account the -Resist Proc and the 8 second downtime on Hasten.

Overall looks good.  There are some tight decisions there.  The Opportunity Strikes full set has 5% ranged defense and it can work surprisingly well in Piercing Rounds.  That'd mess with your slotting on Suppressive Fire though.  I tend to lean towards 6 slotting Weave or Shinobi over Maneuvers.  The values in those are better.  You'd get less than a full percentage in gains for just one at 6 slots, but if you're stacking stuff it can add up.  Shinobi can also take Blessing of the Zephyr for some range and AoE defense.  I bring that up mostly because your range defense is under vs the others.  Its not a huge deal.

For soloing resistance debuff is good to have.  The key is to try and stack it.  The Sentinel inherent imposes a minor -5% non-stacking from self resistance debuff and defense debuff on every hit.  The Opportunity mechanic applies -20% that does stack with other sources.  Achilles' Heel is another -20%.  Fury of the Gladiator if placed in Hail of Bullets is another -20% with about a 90% chance to trigger.  

It is very unlikely any enemies will completely ignore your debuffs.  Even with resisting some of the debuff you're still doing extra damage.  So I'd say give it a shot, but I'd understand dropping it. 

Kismet in Hover for 1 more slot may be better than Tactics if you shuffle some other sets and strategies around.  

That did give me thoughts.  Moved slots to Shinobi for 2 Blessing of Zephyr.  Replaced Ragnarok with Superior Opportunity Strikes.  That gives the +END instead of +REC, but it also gives another +4% Damage, and still get the +10% Recharge.

If I go Agility, I softcap Range defense and get Hasten to .1 second off of Perma.  Though, Musculature would give more damage.

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dual Wield -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End:50(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(7), Dmg-I:50(7), Dcm-Build%:40(9), ImpSwf-Dam%:30(9), ExpStr-Dam%:20(11)
Level 1: Ninja Reflexes -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(11), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(13)
Level 2: Empty Clips -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(15), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(15), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(17), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc:50(17)
Level 4: Danger Sense -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(19), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(19)
Level 6: Suppressive Fire -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(21), Dmg-I:50(21), UnbCns-Dam%:50(23), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%:50(23), GldNet-Dam%:50(25)
Level 10: Shinobi-Iri -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(25), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(27)
Level 12: Bullet Rain -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg:50(27), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(29), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(29), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb:50(31)
Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg:50(31)
Level 18: Executioner's Shot -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), Apc-Dmg:50(33), Apc-Dam%:50(33), TchofLadG-%Dam:50(34), AchHee-ResDeb%:20(34)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- Prv-Heal:50(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(36), Prv-Absorb%:50(37)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-End/Res:50(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End:50(37), GldArm-ResDam:50(37), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(39)
Level 26: Weave -- Rct-Def:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(39), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), Rct-Def/Rchg:50(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(40), Rct-ResDam%:50(40)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(43)
Level 32: Hail of Bullets -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(42), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(42), Arm-Dam%:50(43)
Level 35: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit:50(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg:50(45), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx:50(45), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx:50(45), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx:50(46), GssSynFr--Build%:50(46)
Level 38: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(46)
Level 41: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow:50(A)
Level 47: Blinding Powder -- CrcPrs-Conf:50(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg:50(48), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg:50(48), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg:50(48), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx:50(50), CrcPrs-Conf%:50(50)
Level 49: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+:40(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(3), Pnc-Heal/+End:50(3)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

Lose out on Piercing Rounds, which I personally love the animation, but it does get me to 45%+ Range Defense.  Would I be better off with Build Up Proc or Toxic Damage Proc though?

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dual Wield -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End:50(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(7), Dmg-I:50(7), Dcm-Build%:40(9), ImpSwf-Dam%:30(9), ExpStr-Dam%:20(11)
Level 2: Empty Clips -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(15), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(15), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(17), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(17)
Level 6: Suppressive Fire -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(21), Dmg-I:50(21), UnbCns-Dam%:50(23), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%:50(23), NrnSht-Dam%:30(25)
Level 12: Bullet Rain -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg:50(27), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(29), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(29), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb:50(31)
Level 18: Executioner's Shot -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), Apc-Dmg:50(33), Apc-Dam%:50(33), TchofLadG-%Dam:50(34), AchHee-ResDeb%:20(34)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- Prv-Heal:50(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(36), Prv-Absorb%:50(37)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-End/Res:50(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End:50(37), GldArm-ResDam:50(37), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(39)
Level 26: Weave -- Rct-Def:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(39), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), Rct-Def/Rchg:50(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(40), Rct-ResDam%:50(40)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(43)
Level 35: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit:50(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg:50(45), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx:50(45), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx:50(45), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx:50(46), GssSynFr--Build%:50(46)
Level 38: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(46)
Level 41: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow:50(A)
Level 47: Blinding Powder -- CrcPrs-Conf:50(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg:50(48), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg:50(48), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg:50(48), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx:50(50), CrcPrs-Conf%:50(50)
Level 49: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

No Incarnate Abilities used.  213 DPS (Pylon) Fire Rounds.  DW > SF > ES > Slight Pause > Repeat.  No end issues (never used End Heal Ability).  Never had to heal (did get hit a couple of times).  Turned off Sprint though, because it wasn't needed for standing there.

• Like 2