Psi/SR + new to stalkers

im_sorry

hey folks, I've been doing a lot of reading here and am trying to piece together as much info as I can about how to play/build my new psi/SR stalker (currently in the mid 20's)

jumping over from a lifetime of playing scrappers, I made this build essentially pretending I was building a scrap. was wondering if any of you stalker heads could take a pass at the build and critique. also, any intricacies of stalker play I should be making special note of to transition to this AT.

bless up

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Vantagold: Level 50 Mutation Stalker
Primary Power Set: Psionic Melee
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Psi Blade -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(31)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(19), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(23)
Level 2: Telekinetic Blow -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(23), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48)
Level 4: Focused Fighting -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(5), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Rct-Def/Rchg(7), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Rct-ResDam%(27)
Level 6: Assassin's Psi Blade -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(17), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(19)
Level 8: Focused Senses -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(9), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def(11), RedFrt-EndRdx(46)
Level 10: Concentration -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-ToHit(25), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(25), RctRtc-Pcptn(45)
Level 12: Super Speed -- Run(A)
Level 14: Agile -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(15), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(15)
Level 16: Practiced Brawler -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 20: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(21)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 24: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Greater Psi Blade -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(31), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Hct-Dam%(48)
Level 28: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 30: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Mass Levitate -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(34)
Level 35: Evasion -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(36), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def(37), RedFrt-EndRdx(46)
Level 38: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(43)
Level 44: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 47: Physical Perfection -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(45)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40), EndMod-I(40)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

Generally accepted practice is to put the Stalker's Guile Chance to Hide proc in your Assassin's Strike.

The 3 Rectified Reticle in BU are a waste.  You are after Melee Defense and that gives 0.94%.  With CJ, you are over incarnate cap (58.75) at 65% and don't need the RR.

Move one of those 3 slots to SS and slot 2 Blessing of the Zephyr for Ranged defense.  Move one slot to Health, slot PM: Chance for Absorb.  One more slot left over to do with as you like.

You are over the 5 limit on Luck of the Gambler +7.5.  Convert the 4 LotG in CJ to 4 Shield Wall, including the +5% all Resists one.

9 hours ago, Caulderone said:

Generally accepted practice is to put the Stalker's Guile Chance to Hide proc in your Assassin's Strike.

To clarify: having the proc is great because it has a good chance to proc in a slower attack like AS (I think 90% even with up to about 40% Recharge slotting), putting you back into Hidden status so that your next attack gets a Critical. 90% chance to set up a double-damage attack is a great proc.

However, if you use it in any other power except for Assassin's Strike, and it puts you into Hidden mode, then your AS switches from the fast combat mode to the slow interruptible version, which you don't want mid-combat. Now, you can work around this if you have an attack cycle where you never use AS after the attack that has a proc... but fights don't always stick to an attack cycle, and the cycle varies as you get more +recharge, etc. So rather than add in the fuss of worrying about when NOT to use AS, just putting it into AS gives you a clear benefit: a chance to get a Crit, and does so without any penalties.

It also works great in 2-hit openers with AS from Hide, then your biggest hitter after it having a 90% chance for Crit, so with Build-Up and a Gaussian in it, you have an excellent chance of opening a tough fight by 2-shotting a higher-level Boss. Alternately, you AS someone and end up back in Hidden for an AoE, which also works fine.

beautiful feedback! exactly what i was looking for. made the appropriate changes to the build

any other neat stalker tips are welcome! also any psi melee tips if people are familiar with the set, like when to spend insight for the highest efficiency

The stalker ATO with the buildup chance is a global so you could six slot that set and put it in another power other then telekinetic strike if you'd like. Just FYI. The chance of it triggering is greatly enhanced when you use AOE powers such as mass levitate or your incarnate nuke. I think it's worth taking an epic pool with an AOE attack for that reason... I happen to have a Psi melee stalker with a penchant for using Exploding Shuriken in his attack chain and let me tell you it's great for triggering the buildup reset proc. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!