EA vs Electric Armor

Shockacon

So I've got a Sentinel currently on the backburner of alts to get through... Alt-itis, what are ya gonna do? Anyway, so I've been itching to start working on mine, currently a Beam Rifle. Without trying to break down numbers and all that science, has anyone tried BR with both Electric Armor and Energy Aura? Would you tell me your thoughts and how they felt playing them? Just curious as to how the flow of them worked together.

They both got the +end clicky, both got heal+regen clicky, i'm just bit more fan of electric due to the resist to -end/-rec and bits of -recharge, plus the elec epic pool suits well for the set. 

EA is more mixed def/resist and u can get quite nice numbers out of simple IO's (close to 40ish), but i started to hate it alot when i fought aranchos a bit too much, the psi hole (even overload) was stupid annoying, also the powersink is a longer animation then elec version. Entropy shield is basicly the fun part, but as Beam Rifle i dont think as much. The more you can be up and close (and around) mobs, the better recharge you got, i was Elec/EA/Elec and that suits running around in the crowd very well.

Once i got elec slotted, the regen on that set is quite strong, i think 800ish% regen is quite easy to obtain.

2 hours ago, SinergyX said:

They both got the +end clicky, both got heal+regen clicky, i'm just bit more fan of electric due to the resist to -end/-rec and bits of -recharge, plus the elec epic pool suits well for the set. 

EA is more mixed def/resist and u can get quite nice numbers out of simple IO's (close to 40ish), but i started to hate it alot when i fought aranchos a bit too much, the psi hole (even overload) was stupid annoying, also the powersink is a longer animation then elec version. Entropy shield is basicly the fun part, but as Beam Rifle i dont think as much. The more you can be up and close (and around) mobs, the better recharge you got, i was Elec/EA/Elec and that suits running around in the crowd very well.

Once i got elec slotted, the regen on that set is quite strong, i think 800ish% regen is quite easy to obtain.

My sentinel was originally an Elec/Energy blaster on Live, but  I switched to BR and decided to try a Sentinel with it instead. How do you feel about BR vs Electrical Blast on Sentinels? I like the idea of my toon shooting electricity but took me forever leveling one before (blaster version at least) that I hesitate to try it again.

Have you read/flipped through the sticky at the top of this subforum yet?

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/6950-collaborative-project-a-guide-to-sentinel-sets/page/4/

I'm linking page 4 which has a write-up for both Energy Aura and Electrical Armor on the same page.  The author of the Electrical Armor write-up played Beam Rifle/Electrical Armor.  They ran some tests against AVs, solo mind you, proving the pair does enough damage to defeat them while also surviving them.  The author of Energy Aura also played Beam Rifle and posted a write-up on page 2.  On Page 5 another person contributed a write-up to Electrical Blast.

There is no need to over think how Beam Rifle pairs with anything.  It has little synergy by itself with the secondaries.  I'm not saying there is 0, but when there is synergy it is so slight that it doesn't really matter. 

The original question was has anyone played with BR and Electrical or Energy Aura.  The answer to that is yes.  There are discussions about it to the point where people included write-ups on the individual sets in the link above. 

I've played some Beam/Energy Aura.  The pairing is good because both sets are good.  If I were so inclined to play with Electrical Armor instead I could say the same thing.  This why there is little point in splitting hairs over it. 

Electrical Armor and Energy Aura have some similarities in resource management.  A better question becomes how do you feel about heavy resistance sets vs heavy defense sets?  That's personal preference that you need to decide on because either of these paired with Beam Rifle work well.

14 hours ago, SinergyX said:

Actually on sentinels entropy aura just gives a fixed 20% recharge boost, it is not affected by having enemies around like in the melee versions of the power. Thus there's no reason to mix it up (unless you need to absorb endurance), and beam rifle is one of the nice ranged sets which gives you no good reason to get in close as even the nuke works at range. 

6 minutes ago, drbuzzard said:

Actually on sentinels entropy aura just gives a fixed 20% recharge boost, it is not affected by having enemies around like in the melee versions of the power. Thus there's no reason to mix it up (unless you need to absorb endurance), and beam rifle is one of the nice ranged sets which gives you no good reason to get in close as even the nuke works at range. 

I'm pretty sure it wasnt last year, its the reason i went Rad on most of my melee toons (i was a bio fan back then), though cant remember much from it anymore as it was psi/EA and psi turned out not really something i liked 😛 My last attempt was a dark/EA, i gave up in favor of a DP/WP.

12 hours ago, Shockacon said:

My sentinel was originally an Elec/Energy blaster on Live, but  I switched to BR and decided to try a Sentinel with it instead. How do you feel about BR vs Electrical Blast on Sentinels? I like the idea of my toon shooting electricity but took me forever leveling one before (blaster version at least) that I hesitate to try it again.

BR is a fun set, the disintegrate gives a odd layer of extra damage, but it really has no connection of any power, open disintegrate, pop the rest, hope the aoe stuff hit something, i run a BR/elec atm wich does pretty damn well solo, but i feel lacks in the aoe department (i feel the link of refraction is rather short). 

Elec is your blaster elec, but just a bit lesser damage. The snipe got replaced by a shorter range high dmg power. The stuff where it gets its shine, the run from ranged into pbaoe, ball lightning, thunderous bolt, wrap up with short circuit, pop your clickies, off you go, and still have your pet (well, i called him 'shorty'). With the epic pool you can quite rebuild your elec/elec/elec blaster, thougher but just lower damage (specialy on TB, wich is a 10 target).

Edited by SinergyX

6 hours ago, oldskool said:

Have you read/flipped through the sticky at the top of this subforum yet?

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/6950-collaborative-project-a-guide-to-sentinel-sets/page/4/

I'm linking page 4 which has a write-up for both Energy Aura and Electrical Armor on the same page.  The author of the Electrical Armor write-up played Beam Rifle/Electrical Armor.  They ran some tests against AVs, solo mind you, proving the pair does enough damage to defeat them while also surviving them.  The author of Energy Aura also played Beam Rifle and posted a write-up on page 2.  On Page 5 another person contributed a write-up to Electrical Blast.

I have read it. However, I did miss the Electrical Blast posting so I am glad you mentioned it.

• Like 1