Quick Build Question

Ilamia

I'm building a Dominator for the first time, so I'm not sure about a couple of power picks.

Its a Electric/Psi/Mu Build.

I have it narrowed down to two different builds

Build one has 48.2 Negative, Energy, & Ranged defense. With 75% S&L resists, but takes maneuvers, tactics and vengeance. For additional defense and a place to put a couple of LOTGs. Dom is at 80 sec.

Build two has a bit over 46.5 Negative/Energy & 45.3 R defense. Also has 75% S&L resist, but takes heal self and other, & probably combat medic. Dom is at 87 sec.

These are both with Agility Core.

Would a Dominator find the healing ability more useful, or would it be better to have a bit more wiggle room with domination and defenses.

Also I normally play a Fortunata so I may be going a bit overboard with the defenses.

I generally duo if that makes a difference. We don't always have a heal available.

Thanks for any advice you could give, as I have never even attempted a Dominator.

Edited by Ilamia
Change to Electric/Psi

Dom at 87 seconds is too close to failing. I usually like to see under 80 seconds, to leave a bit of room for Hasten downtime and for being caught in another power animation when Domination recharges.

Both Defense values look fine.

Healing is useful for a Dominator since the Dom can often pause a battle, but not important enough to risk dropping out of a perma-Dom situation. But I don't understand what kind of Dom it is... a Mind/Energy? Or an Electric/Psy? Especially for Electric/Psy, you don't need a heal since Drain Psyche will generally give very good Regeneration. Mind Energy can handle a lower-recharge build since you can put Force Feedback procs in the single-target attacks in order to get more Recharge in the build, but I still wouldn't go for the Aid Self build in it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably stick to the first build for now.  However, I didn't even know about all the force of will and sorcery power pools. Did I miss when those got added or were they not a thing in live?

Thanks again for the advice.

14 hours ago, Ilamia said:

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably stick to the first build for now.  However, I didn't even know about all the force of will and sorcery power pools. Did I miss when those got added or were they not a thing in live?

Thanks again for the advice.

They were not added on live.  Well I think  sorcery was but I never got to play it since I left around I9.

No they weren't in the game at the end of live.  Sorcery was being tested at the time while the other new pools were only outlined so much more work would need to be done to have those come to life.  The original devs wanted to create a new pool for each origin be it natural, technology, etc and you were locked into having access only to that pool which corresponded with the origin but the homecoming devs decided against locking these into specific origins.  The team here got their hands on the code which had everything current in game plus whatever was being tested up until the last moment so there was tons of shiny stuff to bring forth with a little know how.