pseudopets, chains and domination

I know domination does not effect pseudopets such as electric's synaptic overload or static field, earth's volanic gasses, and maybe a few others. My guess is that it wouldn't effect spooky, if illusion ever gets ported to dominators.

Is this working as intended, or a bug? Has it ever been addressed by the developers?

Same kind of question: if the first hit in a chain misses, then the entire chain misses. Intended or bug?

I'm getting more and more interested in electric dominators, but these two issues really bother me.

22 minutes ago, Vooded said:

Same kind of question: if the first hit in a chain misses, then the entire chain misses. Intended or bug?

Well, not a bug. Maybe intended, or maybe the only way it could be made to work. However, the chance to hit mobs after the first is, with good accuracy, almost 100%. So, basically, if you hit the first you hit them all, and if you miss the first, you miss them all. Having more consistent effects is better, but overall effect/damage output isn't hurt that much.

10 hours ago, 33053222 said:

Domination does NOT affect most pseudopets. However, it DOES affect Heart of Darkness. 

I know it doesn't. My question is: is that by design, or is it a bug?

Seems kind of strange to that the class mechanic just doesn't work on some powers. 

15 minutes ago, Vooded said:

I know it doesn't. My question is: is that by design, or is it a bug?

Seems kind of strange to that the class mechanic just doesn't work on some powers. 

It's sort of both...

The same thing goes for why Scrappers do not crit their Lightning Rod and Shield Charges, because they're psuedopets. I think this was done for the animations to appear properly in old game coding so they had to create "psuedopets" instead of regular damage dealing/control powers because they had no other choice if they wanted to add those powers in.

Domination mode is a flag on the caster. The flag doesn't transfer to pets, so none of them are capable of having an ability that does extra stuff "when in Domination mode."

A few powers don't Dominate just because. Arctic Air is not a psuedo pet and totally could Dominate, they just didn't allow it. 

Synaptic Overload Dominates the first target in the chain but not any of the remaining targets, since the "caster" of the chain from the second enemy onward is the psuedo pet.

Shadow Field does Dominate. I think, but am not sure, that it technically is an AoE Hold like all the other sets get, followed by a psuedo pet. Domination applies to the initial AoE Hold but not to the lingering pet.