Black screen if I lock computer while CoH is running...

biostem

Quick question:  I have an HP Elitebook 2170p, which has an i5-3317U and 8GB of RAM, running Windows 10 64-bit.  I'm able to run the 64-bit version of the game at an acceptable level, but if I have it running, then window key+L to lock my computer, I get a black screen when I log back in.  I do get the login screen and can enter my password just fine - I just get a black screen after that.  I can bring up the task manager and end the task to resolve the problem, but I'd rather a better solution.  Any thoughts or advice?  Thanks in advance!

• Game Master

Only suggestions I'd have:

• What graphic mode are you're using?  Does it happen across Desktop, Borderless or Windowed?
  • Power Mode: being a laptop, most have sleep or S3 deep sleep active when you lock for longer than 30 seconds.  Sleep modes kill gameplay, so when you're gaming, switch to High Performance mode rather than Balanced or Energy Saver.  Also, check the timer in Advanced Power Settings for the mode you're in to make sure "Turn off hard disk after" is set to 0 minutes. 

image.png.a08fd281c08cf683660a509498fd97f5.png

• Thanks 1

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

On 3/7/2020 at 8:57 PM, GM Tahquitz said:

Also, check the timer in Advanced Power Settings for the mode you're in to make sure "Turn off hard disk after" is set to 0 minutes.

So after tinkering with the settings, this seems to have done the trick.  Thanks again!

• Like 1