Multi's list of Power Sets, Pools, Archetypes and Patrons

Archetypes

Transformer: Assault or Melee Primaries, Armor secondaries. What makes them Unique is that the Archetype power is called "Rage" (name pending). As Rage builds up the Players Damage is slowly increased but Defense is decreased, up to a maximum of 100. Once 100 Rage is reached, a new power becomes available called "Transform" which would cause the player to transform into a very large, raging monster, with heightened Damage and Defense, and 4 abilities. Smash (single target low damage), Clap (mid damage Cone), Stomp (AOE mid damage) and Destroy (single target high damage).

Shapeshifter:

Powersets and Pools

Hacking Power Pool:

Mastermind - Digital Summons Power Set: This power set features, like all other MM primaries, 3 different summoning powers, each summoning a different digital monster (ala the Binary aura). T1's would be small, digital Gremlins, T2's would be larger and stronger digital gremlins, and the T3 would be a creature similar to Illusion Controls Phantasm, but with a binary aura and possibly digital wings. Alongside the 2 Upgrade powers for these summons (named "Update Software" and "Update Hardware"), it would also feature 3 "Hack" crowd controls a single target Stun/Immobilize, an AOE Stun/Immobilize and a single target Mind Control type power that causes the target to fight for the player for a short while. The last ability would be an "Antivirus" ability that would be a small AOE heal or resistance buff.

Mastermind - Rikti Summons Power Set: This power set would feature 3 different summoning powers, and each would summon different Rikti monsters, the T1 could be Rikti Drones, Rikti Monkeys or maybe Rikti Conscripts/Infantry, the T2 could be Headsman, and the T3 could be a Chief Mentalist or Chief Soldier. That is, it would use these assets. Then the 2 Upgrade powers could be named "Connection" and "Mind Link" in theme with the Rikti's psychic capabilities. Finally the last 4 powers for this Power Set could be Mental Blast, Mesmerize, Rikti Rifle and Rikti Sword to keep following the Rikti theme.

Mastermind - Super Summons Power Set: This power set would be about summoning minor Superheroes/Villains to do your bidding. The T1's would be low level minions, one with Super Strength, one with Fire Blast, and one with Ice Control. The T2's would be a pair of minor Superheroes/Villains, one with Mind Control and one with Nature Affinity. The T3 would be a single decent Superhero/Villain with either Titan Weapon or Storm Summoning. The upgrades would be called "Progress" and "Growth", and would just unlock further stronger powers they could use alongside their normal powers. Finally the last 4 abilities would be Buffs, the first would be a minor AOE buff to Damage, the second would be a single target medium buff to Defense and would heal, the 3rd would be a medium AOE buff to Endurance Regen, and the last would be a medium AOE buff to resistances.

Mastermind - Mutant Summons Power Set:

Mastermind - Insect/Arachnid Summons Power Set:

Mastermind - Eldritch Summons Power Set:

Cosmic Blast, Assault, Melee and Armor Power Set:

Digital Blast and Digital Melee Power Set:

Super Speed Melee Power Set:

Antimatter Blast, Melee and Armor Power Set:

Wind Control, Blast, Melee and Armor Power Set:

Lava Blast, Melee, Control and Armor Power Set:

Water Melee Power Set:

Sniper Rifle Power Set:

Explosives Power Set:

Single Fist Melee Power Set:

Parkour Movement Power: 

Patrons

We have 4 Arch Villain Patrons, so why not 4 Hero Patrons?

Spirit of Statesman:

Ms. Liberty: 

Foreshadow:

Faultline:

Origins

Gift: With this Origin it means the character got their powers via a Gift from some being that decided they were worthy of the power. It could give a whole new flavor for characters RP wise and, since HC are making power pools for each Origin, would give an additional power pool that could be based on healing and buffing allies by bestowing "Gifts" upon them similar to how the character got their own powers, just to a far lesser extent in the form of heals and temporary buffs.

Edited by TheMultiVitamin

Have a look at these topics to see if there's anything you might like, theres certainly some crossover of concepts!

As for hero patron power pools, I was pondering the idea a little myself, and used some of the Vindicators as inspiration;

Hellfire Mastery (Infernal)

Nanotech Mastery (Valkyrie)

Nature Mastery (Woodsman)

Spectral Mastery (Malaise)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

Have a look at these topics to see if there's anything you might like, theres certainly some crossover of concepts!

As for hero patron power pools, I was pondering the idea a little myself, and used some of the Vindicators as inspiration;

Hellfire Mastery (Infernal)

Nanotech Mastery (Valkyrie)

Nature Mastery (Woodsman)

Spectral Mastery (Malaise)

That first link is actually where I got the idea to make this thread! I'm gonna be trying to deliver these in a way using assets that were already in-game like I saw there, but I also wanted to post so that I didn't lose my own personal list and thread of what I thought of. Thats why for the Mastermind Digital Summons, it talks about using Gremlins with Binary aura and the like. I'll be looking through the other assets of the game, but these are gonna have suggestions of assets already in game. Like for Water Melee you could use Psyblade with Water effects, Rikti would summon different Rikti models, Supers would summon various generic Superhero/Villains, Mutants would summon those glowy green eye characters from Rogue Isles (I forget their name), Insect/Arachnid would summon Spiders and Insects (though I don't know if those models are in the game, I haven't seen any yet, so if not, then they could summon characters with the Animal/Lizard assets in the costume creator), and Eldritch would summon the Peacebringer and Warshades transformed forms without the Aura's at different sizes, t1 is the normal size, t2 would be larger, and t3 would be the White Dwarf/Black Dwarf assets.

That kind of thing!

Edited by TheMultiVitamin
  • Like 1

pretty creative.

@GGamerGirl you could share them using google docs and linking here, couldn't you?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YfZIBLqsZBpkR_wQe9Ml_K6JQtWVwRH0FRqbKby387o/edit?usp=sharing

It is incomplete, but it shows specifically what I am going for.

There are three Archetypes on the first page that I may upload later. One is Summoning and Manipulation-esque, the second is Defense and Control, the third is Buff/Debuff and Assault-esque.

I have more to upload so bear with me.

Edited by GGamerGirl

I remain,

The Grumpy Gamer Girl and the Big Green Dragon

16 minutes ago, GGamerGirl said:

These are all really cool ideas! I especially like the Commando archetype you made. The hero equivelant of a Mastermind sounds awesome and the summoning sets they could have that you listed, including the altered ones, I could see myself having a ton of fun playing and making characters with.