Powerset SubForums

This is something I’ve thought about for a while. I know this could clutter up the forums, so perhaps that is why it’s not done, but figured I’d through this out there anyway. 

I think it would be nice to have powerset subforums. Due to the sheer number of powersets I think they could be broken out by types:

• Melee
  • Range
  • Support
  • Control
  • Defensive

These categories would cover most of the the powersets. I know there are some other types, but I think they are usually pretty unique (assault, pets, etc). The other ones could always be added too.  The reason I would like these is because sometimes I want to try a certain powersets, say ninjistu, but I’m not sure which archetype to play it on. I could go to the defensive subforum and post a thread asking people opinions on the secondary in relation to all archetypes that can take it. 

I know we can already do this to some extent by looking at the archetype subforums, but it would be easier and more focused. Instead of looking at stalker, scrapper, sentinel, etc I could just look under the Defensive powerset subforum. 

I think it could foster some good discussions on how powersets perform across archetypes and in general as the focus would be on the powerset itself instead of the archetype.

Edited by Saikochoro

8 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

The reason I would like these is because sometimes I want to try a certain powersets, say ninjistu, but I’m not sure which archetype to play it on. I could go to the defensive subforum and post a thread asking people opinions on the secondary in relation to all archetypes that can take it. 

That's a pretty narrow and niche usage...  and practically the only usage.

What you should be using, and people are using, is the top level Archetypes forum.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

4 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

That's a pretty narrow and niche usage...  and practically the only usage.

What you should be using, and people are using, is the top level Archetypes forum.

It is no more niche than some of the other subforums. This sort of discussion is pretty common. It is just buried in the various archetype forums mostly, and even sometimes in general discussion.  It may have a somewhat narrow usage, but it fosters a use that many people seem to post about in various areas.

I can see that the top level archetypes forum does have some limited amount of that going on, but that doesn’t have a lot traction.  Most of the discussion happens within the various archetype subforums and is thus not consolidated.  It makes more sense to discuss differences between archetypes on that top level than the differences between powersets as the emphasis is on the archetype. 

A dedicated sub forum for powersets would have the emphasis on powerset discussion.

Edited by Saikochoro

7 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

It makes more sense to discuss differences between archetypes on that top level than the differences between powersets as the emphasis is on the archetype. 

Discussing the difference between archetypes is exactly what you're proposing.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

2 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Discussing the difference between archetypes is exactly what you're proposing.

Not exactly. I already stated twice that the emphasis is on the powersets and not the archetype. There is a difference.  At least I think there is. 

I do appreciate you taking the time to respond and share your opinion though. It’s appreciated 🙂

Edited by Saikochoro