How I would solve Power Creep

Is this a decent thread to post other interesting/simple approaches to adding difficulty?  Or is this reserved for and directed entirely at Incarnate level difficulties?

I'll ask for forgiveness instead of permission, I suppose!

I'd like to see enemies spawn with Inspiration buffs.  example progression:

Starting at level 20, all bosses gain a random small Inspiration effect when aggro'd

Starting at level 30, so do lieutenants. 

Starting at level 35, bosses instead trigger a small Team inspiration effect.

Starting at level 40, lieutenants upgrade to medium inspirations.

Starting at level 45, bosses gain a 2nd small inspiration effect (total: one small for self, one team buff)

These would last the normal durations for small inspirations, though perhaps the Break Free effect should be normalized to be the same as the others.

I think for ease of implementation, I would omit Respites and Second Winds, and Awakens would end up just giving players free XP.

On 3/16/2020 at 11:30 PM, Caulderone said:

I suggested this in the Incarnate weekly post a couple weeks back.

Change the Alpha from +1 level shift to +1 Incarnate shift and give us back +4 vs L45+ non-incarnate content without unslotting Alpha.

After leading a team yesterday I'm all for this. Was running +2 malta arc where everyone else was non-incarnate. The problem was everyone else was being murdered whereas I was pretty much unkillable.

Dropping the diff would just mean I was 1 or 2 shotting everything, I was essentially level 51 and everyone else was 49.

It was on Reunion so teams tend to be like this and it was an arc I wanted to play (Crimson) but I felt handicapped by an unwanted level shift. 

I guess I can craft a lesser Alpha, but it seems unnecessary to have it outside of Incarnate stuff. 

1 minute ago, Carnifax said:

After leading a team yesterday I'm all for this. Was running +2 malta arc where everyone else was non-incarnate. The problem was everyone else was being murdered whereas I was pretty much unkillable.

Dropping the diff would just mean I was 1 or 2 shotting everything, I was essentially level 51 and everyone else was 49.

16 hours ago, Caulderone said:

I just posted a related idea in another thread on Incarnate EBs.

How about an option to disable the level shift and incarnate shifts in the Incarnate menu.  This would give those of us who want it back the option to do actual +4 normal mobs, and we could increase difficulty on Incarnate story arcs, too.

I think my updated idea would be easier to implement and would fix the issue, giving more options.  It also wouldn't require unslotting or gimping Alpha.