Extend the duration of click sustain powers in Blaster secondaries

Pzn

Most blaster secondaries have their +recovery/+regen power in a toggle that makes it easy to stay at 100% uptime.  Ninja, elec, energy, and darkness secondaries all have their sustain tied to click powers.   Ninja's is the best of the bunch because it has a 3 min 20 second uptime and requires very little micro management to achieve 100% uptime.  Energy, elec, and darkness all have 60 second uptime requiring more micro managing to keep active.  Darkness in particular is the worst off of them all because you need an enemy in range to use your sustain power.  None of the sustain clicks are stackable to begin with, so I suggest extending the buff duration on energy, elec, and darkness while leaving the other aspects of the power the same.  At the very least increase the buff duration for dark's touch of the beyond because it's the most inconvenient to keep active.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting. 🙂

I don't want to completely disregard your idea, but I personally think the sustain power in Energy is perfect where it is. It's both an instant heal and a heal over time. It's very strong, maybe the strongest of the sustains. Energy is a very click-y set, between the sustain, Boost Range, and Power Boost, but I like it right where it is.

I haven't spent much time with Elec, Ninja, or Dark and they may need something.

I will say IMO Elec Manipulation is a broken set in need of other major changes, along with Electric Assault on Dominators, but for me that has to do with the pointlessness of its endurance drains. There are ways to fix this, which I've been sharing in the Electric Affinity topic. Maybe the sustain power could be part of that fix.

Edited by oedipus_tex

Elec secondary is already fairly powerful, I wouldn't really say it needs any buffs.  It's very high damage on a blapper build.  Compared to other elec sets it doesn't seem like it sacrificed much damage potential for it's secondary effects.  I agree that energize is probably fine, and it's the best out of the 3 I suggested buffing.  Force of Thunder in elec is a bit more annoying to keep up because it suppresses travel speed even when used outside of combat.  Dark is the one that would benefit from a duration increase most of all, since sometimes there's no enemies around to use it on.

Energize is way too good as is--with a small amount of recharge you can easily perma it, and it just about removes the concept of endurance from the game with how much discount it gives you. Force of Thunder is an awesome aggressive power, and it doesn't need an ounce of recharge to have up always. I'm ok with these 2 powers never changing.

As for Dark, no experience with that one, but I can see where you're coming from as it can't be used in a void like the other ones.