Stay-At-Home Orders Inspire more CoH Play...Apparently!

Abraxus

I got together with my regular Wednesday night group, where we play our Radiation characters. Out of curiosity, I checked the server status from the top of the forum page, and there were almost 3,500 players on, with Excelsior showing the infamous 3 red dots.  I figured there would be a bit of an uptick in CoH play during these days of isolation.  But, 3,500 on a Wednesday night!  I'll be curious to see what's up on Friday or Saturday night!  We could be seeing numbers not seen since shortly after the rebirth of the game (or the un-snap, as it's referred to).

Obviously, I wish the circumstances were different. But, it makes me happy to know that there is still so much interest in the game, with so much untapped potential out there still waiting to learn we are here.

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

Yes, I hope we might get an uptick in new returnees, as people who don't normally keep up with gaming news start looking around for new things to play, or browse gaming sites, and happen to stumble across info about the game's revival.  This was how I found out last October -- I  randomly went to check up on progress of the successor projects, and suddenly found all these people talking about CoX itself being back.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I feel like there's an influx of new players, too.  I sense more questions on help and more questions in team and guild chat indicating players that reveal a lack of experience.  It might be random chance, but perhaps it is related. 

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Today, just shy of 4,000.  Paragon City is safer than it's been in a long time, and likewise for the degree of peril in the Rogue Isles, thanks to this activity!

As difficult as these stay-at-home order are, and the isolating effect it can have on some, when we play, we are always with others willing to help us take our minds off our real-life troubles.  Now, more than ever, this is important.

Edit:  It wen't over 4,200 a little later.  Awesome!

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!