Ideas for Costumes/Costume Contests

PartyKake

I don't have the in game stuff to host a costume contest, but if I did, one of the first contests I'd host would be the hornet stinger challenge.

On one character, create a costume for each alignment (Hero/Vigilante/Villain/Rogue) that captures the essence of your character and tells a bit of a story about their fall from grace and return, or their temporary flirtation with heroics and return to tyranny.

Here's Hornet Stinger, Vigilante outfit highlighted.

image.png.e7e416902ce6b7bd2dd93337bfedc073.png

You can see her vigilante outfit upgrades the belt to include a police baton, signifying excessive force.  (okay maybe you can't see, it's rather small)

Her villain outfit goes more risque with the mesh, adds shoulderpads because you can't trust those to your side, and adds sinister boot plates.

Her rogue outfit embraces green for greed and money, but keeps the mesh, and opens up some brighter color to showcase the potential for redemption.

I love the idea of hosting a contest like this, not to reward players for thinking like me, but because this character was an absolute blast and this process made her a lot more enjoyable.

How much more? well, she's a defender with dual pistols so she can't even roam the streets to take down purse thieves for xp or influence.

The second concept I want to talk about is the coordinated challenge.

This is where you team up with another player (or up to 7) and create a duo, a group, or an entire task force, all of whom are coordinated together. Matching elements are encouraged but matching uniforms are forbidden. I saw some players teaming up to create a sort of 40's style group of heroes in the style of the freedom phalanx the other day, that was neat. Looked like they were having a blast to boot.

The third type of challenge I can talk about is the Test Subject challenge. On live I had a character named Mass Driver. This character was not a single person, but a group of test subjects volunteering to test some extremely dangerous tech - called the Mass Driver. As a result, Each costume varied wildly, and the only thing they had in common was some tech pieces that allowed them to use titan weapons. Which is pretty cool, but I think others can do more with the concept, which is why it would be a lot of fun to be a group effort. Basically, each costume is a different person, using some form of magic, science, mutation, etc. that links them all together. Run with that.

Anyways, I posted this here in general discussion because it's not a suggestion for the game, it's a suggestion for players, which seems more like a general chat topic.

Anyone else have any ideas along these lines? Perhaps even an "age your character" thing? That might be cool too, but I can't think of a way they'd change that much, and that's kinda what we already do with our alt costumes anyway. Maybe that's just me? Maybe that's just me.

• Like 1