Shield Defense

Chalkarts

I'm trying to decide what to pair with a shield.

I don't want to do Ice or Fire melee.

Lightning seems to have some good synergy for AoE but I just don't like their combined aesthetic.

Does that leave me with just Super Strength for a Good AoE?

Does Martial Arts work well with shield?

Dark or Rad would likely be my picks with Shield. SS is going to be end heavy. Rad would likely be as well since it has a damage aura, but not on the level of SS. End issues so far on my Rad/shield scrapper haven't been that bad. A friendlier take on SS would be StJ which has solid ST and AoE. I've done a couple StJ/shield characters but none to 50. Neither were brutes although I don't think it matters that much.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I have a fully IO'd SS/SD Brute and honestly it was end heavy until built, but even built the damage seems subpar compared to other potential combinations. Also the -defense on rage crash really hurts defense based characters like shield more so than resistance based characters.