Build Help Dark/Elec

Seigmoraig

Hi HC, here is a build I am working on and I would like some feedback to try and make it a bit better, not super experienced making builds yet so here I am !

Currently sitting at a decent 44.1 S/L defense, 39.1 F/C defense, 41.7 E and 28.1 N.  Negative could probably be better but I' not 100% sure if it's THAT important to max all the defenses as long as S/L are up there.
Resistances are a bit lower when not in the Faraday Cage. When in the cage I'm sitting at 50-53% s/l/f/c and 20% e/n. I'm building the resistances considering that I will always be sitting in the cage.

Not 100% sure I need Hasten with this build since I have a ton of buttons to press, something should always be ready to fire off at all times. Between attacks, buffs and heals I don't really think it needed to use up a slot for it.

Thanks for your feedback !

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Dark Blast
Secondary Power Set: zn_Electrical Affinity
Power Pool: zc_Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Dark Blast -- SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(5), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 1: Shock -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rejuvenating Circuit -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(7), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(9), Prv-Absorb%(31)
Level 4: Moonbeam -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(11), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(13), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Apc-Dam%(25)
Level 6: Galvanic Sentinel -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Tenebrous Tentacles -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Rgn-Dmg(15), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(17), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), PstBls-Dam%(25)
Level 10: Energizing Circuit -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Night Fall -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(21), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(23)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 16: Faraday Cage -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(37), RctArm-EndRdx/Rchg(39), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RctArm-ResDam(45)
Level 18: Torrent -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 20: Empowering Circuit -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Kick -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(40), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(46), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 26: Life Drain -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(27), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(39)
Level 28: Defibrillate -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(31), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Ags-ResDam(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(42)
Level 32: Blackstar -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(34)
Level 35: Insulating Circuit -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal(37), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(37)
Level 38: Amp Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(42), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(43), RedFrt-Def(43), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(43), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 44: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(48), Rct-Def(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Rct-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Scourge
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(39)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40)
------------

Edited by Seigmoraig
  • Like 1

No travel power? Ninja run and sprint is nice, true, and you can buy a fly power... is that the idea? I personally would not do Veng and Scorpion shield. I may (for thematic purpose) go with soul mastery instead. Not sure about CJ, I may try for a proc that gives KB protection. I can't add anything now, mine is only to level 14. Thanks for posting this though! Good food for tought.

10 hours ago, WunderBex said:

No travel power? Ninja run and sprint is nice, true, and you can buy a fly power... is that the idea?

That's the idea, between Ouro portal and base teleport I am 100% comfortable just getting around with jetpacks. I buy the "Small Longbow Jetpack" which looks less dinky than the 5k one from p2w. It isn't actually slower than Power Pool Fly
I don't really need the KB prot that much since Faraday Cage offers full status protection when I'm in it's warm embrace.
Vengeance is there for a LoTG mule mostly, I could easily drop it since I'm not taking Hasten, possibly for Recall Friend.
Scorpion Shield is one only patron toggle that gives S/L Def so I'm rocking it to help get to def cap.
As for CJ I'm most likely going to change it to Hover when I get there

Thanks for the feedback 😄

Edited by Seigmoraig

My main inquiry here since I have never built a Corruptor is the where the defences / resists are at. Should I strive to be capped everywhere like a melee character ? I'm not sure it's feasible without a defence set. Here is where there at when in the cage:
image.png.e288b37f798776b7b812c40418399263.png

Edited by Seigmoraig

2 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

Should I strive to be capped everywhere like a melee character ?

There are (very) generally four ways to build a corruptor in order to get the most out of the build.

1. S/L/E softcapped defense with scorpion shield and rune of protection to shore up resistances for the pure typed/ranged attacks that come your way and provide Mez protection. This route is the only one that gives any way of dealing with Mez protection.

2. Softcap ranged and melee defense while getting an epic armor toggle (usually dark embrace so that you can get soul drain and use the corruptor's higher dmg cap and higher base dmg). This route usually gives more survivability and higher dmg at the expense of recharge.

3. Ranged defense softcap. This build prioritizes staying at range and may utilize things like hover to maximize their cone attacks and keep things at a distance. This is generally the easiest/cheapest to build and it does make cone attacks more effective if you want to use hover and fly.

4. A build for teaming. This forgoes defense and survivability in favor of maximizing recharge, damage, procs, and buffs. Who needs defense when you always have a brute or tank to take a hit for you?

Generally, I prefer option two for all my corruptor's except kinetics where I go with option one (and I only switched to that on kinetics after hours and hours of playing with different options).

Edited by Darkir
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Darkir said:

Generally, I prefer option two for all my corruptor's except kinetics where I go with option one (and I only switched to that on kinetics after hours and hours of playing with different options).

I guess it's going to be option 1 since I dropped 600 mill on it last night XD

The nice thing about Faraday Cage is that it gives full status protection (Mag 6) so I don't need to fiddle with Rune of Protection !

• 3 months later
  • 1 month later

I should note that there is a 5th option of going rune of protection, scorpion shield (to softcap s/l), and softcapping ranged def as well. This really shores up your ranged/pure dmg hole as just about every melee attack has a s/l component.