Dual-boxing with Tequila: advice sought

DoctorDitko

I've tried running two toons at once, but I think I'm doing it wrongTM

I cloned my c:\games\CoH folder to c:\games\CoH2, and created an new account, no problem, but the two fight over ownership of Tequila.

Every time I launch either instance of Tequila I have to go into options, change the install path to the one I want, exit Tequila, and launch it again.

Once I get both launched, things work pretty well just alt-tabbing with the sidekick on Follow, spamming heals or whatever. (And using the /maxinactivefps 1 command keeps the resource use down, which I appreciate.)

But launching both is a pain, to the point where I seldom bother.

Any advice from folks who do this every day?

Also, Microsoft and I are mortal enemies, so I prefer to run under Linux, but let's not cloud the issue here. Just assume I'm running a stripped-down Windows 10.

Edited by DoctorDitko

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I dual-box with only 1 game installation,I launch Tequila,let the game load,then log into game.

Minimize the game, launch the game from Tequila again,let a new game client load,close Tequila and log into second account.

Granted this is easier if done when playing in windowed mode,otherwise alt+tab to switch.

Edited by SuperPlyx
clarifying something
  • Like 3

Thanks, that's helpful!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

4 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

I dual-box with only 1 game installation,I launch Tequila,let the game load,then log into game.

Minimize the game, launch the game from Tequila again,let a new game client load,close Tequila and log into second account.

Granted this is easier if done when playing in windowed mode,otherwise alt+tab to switch.

This but I have an ultra wide and use play both in Windowed mode but the “helper” account at a much smaller sized window than the main account.  It lets me keep an eye on both at same time as the helper gets stuck behind geometry or whatever.