Pyromaniac (Mr G, Arc #3)

Ropey

So I'm going through and earning all my mission badges. Have a pretty good time and while I'm not earning max influence/hour I'm racking up quite a little nest egg.

There are a couple of these missions that have mid mission badges. You get a badge for completing the arc and a badge during one of the mid-missions for something. I am having a devil of a time earning some of these badges. I am wondering if it's because I'm using Flashback. The one from this morning was Pyromaniac. In mission #4 of Mr G's third arc, if you arm all the bombs before Mayhem Yin and Penny Yin finish their fight you get pyromaniac. So I went through and armed all the bombs (big explosion) before they finished the fight. Wasn't too hard with Stealth and SS. Big explosion and I don't get the badge. I think "hmmmmm. do i reset the mission and try again or is it one of those that I will get at the end of the mission?" So I continue to the end and...no badge. So now I am looking at repeating the entire arc to get this badge, but I hesitate to repeat the entire arc in case there is something I'm missing. I don't want to go to all this trouble only to, once again, NOT earn the badge. 

So, now that I've wandered a bit, is anyone else having difficulty with some of these mid-arc badges. Specifically, Pyromaniac? Has anyone else earned the badge?

FYI: This is the ParagonWiki link to the appropriate arc: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mr._G_(Primal_Earth)#The_End_of_a_Yin

tyty.

EDIT: Added link to wiki article.

Edited by Ropey

Actually, I just got that badge yesterday.

Since it wasn't an Ouro mission, I was able to quit and let the mission reset before I was successful on my second attempt.

It seems Penny dies faster than the last time I did it so you have to be very quick in locating the bombs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

There's no mini-map graphic/pic of the bomb locations is there? 

I know when solo'ing this I couldn't find all bombs before AV died so now running through this arc and got to this mission again with a diff. character...

I figured when I did it the first time I had the mission set to -1x0 and no AVs/etc...so though that Penny died fast because of that...so this time I set the mission to AVs, +1, etc...but still can't find all 5 bombs.  I had to quit to desktop before AV died.  Grr..

Can find 4 bombs but the 5th one is elusive; even having a key bound to search/target "Bomb" doesn't help...is there a way to target only 'active' (non-clicked on) bombs?  Does the targetcustomnextalive Bomb work?  hmm