Game freezes randomly

Tariq

I've been having a lot of issue with this game freezing and crashing. Usually one of two scenarios: Either it'll freeze within a minute or two of me opening (sometimes even on the loginscreen itself, sometimes once I'm fully in game),  then do that again the next two or three times I open it, then once it stabilizes it'll stay stable for a while.   Sometimes, if I've been playing for a while, it'll just freeze out of nowhere... in which case it'll once again start freezing repeatedly the next few times I open it.  It's more an annoyance than anything else, as it usually stabilizes after a couple of tries, but it's been going on for a while, so... anybody got any ideas?

• Game Master

You can reply to us using the Support system directly after creating a ticket.  There's no need to hop off the forums at all.

Tariq, check your Tequila installation for a "Crash" folder.  If there are files inside, those logs can be sent to us in a Support ticket and we can help you further. 

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

5 hours ago, GM Tahquitz said:

You can reply to us using the Support system directly after creating a ticket. There's no need to hop off the forums at all.

Tariq, check your Tequila installation for a "Crash" folder. If there are files inside, those logs can be sent to us in a Support ticket and we can help you further.

No sign of a Crash folder. Should it be there with the Costumes and Data and Screenshots folders or somewhere else?

• Game Master

Yeah, it should be there.

The other thing to check (which would indicate a different issue with your system) is Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Event Viewer > Windows Logs.  You can check Application or System around the time the crash happened for any clues.  Warning and Error messages are helpful.

Edited by GM Tahquitz

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.