Water / Temporal help

Carnifax

Hi folks

Continuing on my "One of every AT to 50" following on from my Bio/Spines tank and decided that Blaster is next in line. I have a wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey costume from olden days so figured Water/Temporal would fit as a concept for her. 

I've no idea of Temporal (I do have a level 50 Time defender but that's a different animal) and aiming mainly to be AOE from far away so can anyone help with this. As per usual I've skipped Purples and Winters sets cos they're too expensive and avoided PvP sets too (bar the Pancea because it's awesome). Not very proc heavy either which is different to my usual but wanted to cap defenses and it's pretty AoE heavy anyway. 

Is Time Lord really the one-slot wonder it seems on paper or am I making a huge error in my theorycrafting? 

*Edit : Realized I was being dim with Posi's Blast over the 2nd ATO set and shuffled things around slightly to fit both

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Temporas: Level 50 Mutation Blaster
Primary Power Set: Water Blast
Secondary Power Set: Temporal Manipulation
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Aqua Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(13), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17)
Level 1: Time Wall -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Water Burst -- BlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), BlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(5), BlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), BlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), BlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), BlsWrt-Rchg/Dam%(37)
Level 4: Time Stop -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(7), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(7), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25)
Level 6: Whirlpool -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(9), Artl-Dam/Rech(9), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(15), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(25), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(27)
Level 8: Tidal Forces -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(50)
Level 10: Chronos -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(11), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(11), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 12: Dehydrate -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Water Jet -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(19), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(21), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(21), DctWnd-Heal(23), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 22: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39)
Level 26: Steam Spray -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(27), Artl-Dam/Rech(29), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(29), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(31), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(31)
Level 28: End of Time -- DfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), DfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(40), DfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), DfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), DfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), DfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(42)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), DefBuff-I(50)
Level 32: Geyser -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(43), Artl-Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(48), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(48)
Level 35: Time Shift -- Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A)
Level 38: Time Lord -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(43), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(43)
Level 44: Summon Spiderlings -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(45), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(45), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(39), EndMod-I(48)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
------------

Edited by Carnifax

Time lord is a one slot wonder, absolutely. but if you need a few extra slots for resistance set junk, it works.

Seriously, make your blaster's wraths into superiors. It's REALLY worth the price, and is not very expensive. But I guess you know this.

Whirlpool is a Rain, steam spray is a cone. You can skip whirlpool if you REALLY want something more important like a holster for a 5th LOTG rare. Whirlpool is a pretty good aoe and tends to make things act weird in it rather than attacking you (like all rains) but some people HATE placeables for good reason. Mine is set up to occur right at my feet, but some use a macro that lets it hit an enemy instead of trying to find a free spot of floor in a big melee.

Dehydrate is a madhouse, and should be frankenslotted for healing and damage, if possible, because at 3 tidal power points it's healing doubles....you can get 30% healed off of it, easy. Also, water burst is an aoe that you will use ALL the time for both damage AND it's awesome knockdown mitigation. It would probably REALLY profit from moving Blaster's wrath someplace else and slotting a 5 set of overwhelming force (without the proc) and a force feedback chance for recharge in there... it will go off ALL the time, and unless you are desperate for slightly faster movement, the FF range bonus should cover some of what you lose from moving wrath to something like aqua bolt, as well as give you a little damage buff.

Are you wanting build help? or just questions answered?

I love water and temporal, and play blasters with both, but I haven't played them together... Temporal, to me, is a mad short-range or blapper set, while water is much more long range, so I never saw much synergy... but I'd be happy to bang together something using the tricks I have learned about both sets.

On the plus side you plucked out exactly the powers you need for temporal, and skipped the crap ones exactly 🙂 You would do well as a blapper if you get the macro to drop whirlpool at your own feet, and you'd only have to take a few steps back to use steam, which is an absolute BEAST of an aoe, primarily because of it's damage type. Then again, I hate hoverblasting, so my advice might not be all that useful to you.

Edited by Frostweaver

41 minutes ago, Frostweaver said:

Time lord is a one slot wonder, absolutely. but if you need a few extra slots for resistance set junk, it works.

Seriously, make your blaster's wraths into superiors. It's REALLY worth the price, and is not very expensive. But I guess you know this.

Whirlpool is a Rain, steam spray is a cone. You can skip whirlpool if you REALLY want something more important like a holster for a 5th LOTG rare. Whirlpool is a pretty good aoe and tends to make things act weird in it rather than attacking you (like all rains) but some people HATE placeables for good reason. Mine is set up to occur right at my feet, but some use a macro that lets it hit an enemy instead of trying to find a free spot of floor in a big melee.

Dehydrate is a madhouse, and should be frankenslotted for healing and damage, if possible, because at 3 tidal power points it's healing doubles....you can get 30% healed off of it, easy. Also, water burst is an aoe that you will use ALL the time for both damage AND it's awesome knockdown mitigation. It would probably REALLY profit from moving Blaster's wrath someplace else and slotting a 5 set of overwhelming force (without the proc) and a force feedback chance for recharge in there... it will go off ALL the time, and unless you are desperate for slightly faster movement, the FF range bonus should cover some of what you lose from moving wrath to something like aqua bolt, as well as give you a little damage buff.

Are you wanting build help? or just questions answered?

I love water and temporal, and play blasters with both, but I haven't played them together... Temporal, to me, is a mad short-range or blapper set, while water is much more long range, so I never saw much synergy... but I'd be happy to bang together something using the tricks I have learned about both sets.

On the plus side you plucked out exactly the powers you need for temporal, and skipped the crap ones exactly 🙂 You would do well as a blapper if you get the macro to drop whirlpool at your own feet, and you'd only have to take a few steps back to use steam, which is an absolute BEAST of an aoe, primarily because of it's damage type. Then again, I hate hoverblasting, so my advice might not be all that useful to you.

Yup. This was my "approaching 50" build rather than the final build, hence the "normal" ATOs. I quite like hover-blasting in general (I've a pure-ranged Dark/Martial Domi and a Time/Sonic Defender who do it bar the odd jaunt in for a PBAOE stun / nuke). Artillery + Thunderstrikes are so good and Water is so ranged it seemed like a sensible idea. 

At 33 at the moment and loving it. Ranged Def is up to about 33% (and last night a Glads +3% dropped for me while running Croatoa missions which made my morning when I spotted it during my marketing work, sold it and bought the attuned version). 

I'm always happy to see alternate builds if it's easy for you. Other opinions and ideas are always good. Here's my "Level 50" variant. I know I said "no purples" but I've two here. Market Crash will give me one anyway and I've a few spare as well. Turns Dehydrate into the sustain + debuff  and Water Jet into a semi-proc monster for abusing double-tap. 

Temporas: Level 50 Mutation Blaster
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Aqua Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(13), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17)
Level 2: Water Burst -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(37)
Level 4: Time Stop -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(7), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(7), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25)
Level 6: Whirlpool -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(9), Artl-Dam/Rech(9), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(15), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(25), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(27)
Level 8: Tidal Forces -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(50)
Level 10: Chronos -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(11), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(11), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 12: Dehydrate -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Dcm-Acc/Dmg(36), AchHee-ResDeb%(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), ThfofEss-+End%(37)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Water Jet -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), Apc-Dmg(19), Apc-Dam%(31), ImpSwf-Dam%(33), GldJvl-Dam%(33)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(21), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(21), DctWnd-Heal(23), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), EndMod-I(50)
Level 22: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39)
Level 26: Steam Spray -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(27), Artl-Dam/Rech(29), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(29), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(31), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(31)
Level 28: End of Time -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(42)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), DefBuff-I(48), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 32: Geyser -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(43), Artl-Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(48), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(48)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), DefBuff-I(43)
Level 38: Time Lord -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 41: Summon Spiderlings -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(43), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(45), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(46)
Level 44: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(39)
Level 50: Agility Partial Core Revamp 
------------

Heh, I just realized the my playstyle and build are about as completely unlike your playstyle as is possible while remaining within the same AT 🙂

I emphasize the point-blank strengths of the sets, either soloing or allowing a teammate to take the alpha, and then cleaning out the spawn emphasizing the heal and absorb and various other mitigations that the sets have.

I have also played for a long time, so I don't really even bother with following a build UNTIL level 50, relying on my instincts in slotting up until that point. I do slot to exemplar, but I see absolutely NO reason to ever go above diff -1/0 while exemplared, and any blaster can handle that in their sleep as long as they have 2 slotted stamina.

I also have a farmer, so 'cheap' builds are just builds that have less than 2 full sets of winter or 5 full sets of purple enhancements. I also tend to emphasize typed rather than positional defenses because they seem to be slightly more often connected to sets with -recharge, scorpion armor is fully type, and positional attacks are ALWAYS only 1 position... whereas damage is often 2 or more types. Positional is better for powersets that start with huge positional defenses, like sr scrappers, but for the rest of us they are just too challenging to slot.

Also, water/temp has an outstanding heal and an absorption, which greatly mitigate damage as well.

So, here's my expensive one for normal/praet/incarnate content:

Vudu Man: Level 50 Science Blaster
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Concealment

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hydro Blast -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Apc-Acc/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Water Burst -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(7), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(7), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(9), FrcFdb-Rechg%(11)
Level 4: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 6: Time Stop -- BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(15), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(15), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(17)
Level 8: Tidal Forces -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(17), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(19), GssSynFr--ToHit(19), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(21), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(21)
Level 10: Chronos -- RechRdx-I(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(23), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(23)
Level 12: Dehydrate -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(25), Prv-Heal(25), ThfofEss-+End%(27), Apc-Dmg(27)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: End of Time -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(31)
Level 18: Water Jet -- SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(34)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PrfShf-End%(34), PrfShf-EndMod(36), Heal-I(36)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37), GldArm-3defTpProc(39)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Steam Spray -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(40)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42)
Level 30: Weave -- RedFrt-EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(42), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(43), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(43), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(43)
Level 32: Geyser -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(45), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(46), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 38: Time Lord -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(50)
Level 44: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 47: Time Shift -- RechRdx-I(A), Acc-I(50)
Level 49: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), EndMod-I(13), EndMod-I(13)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Pyronic Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany
Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon
------------

I also have one designed specifically for farming which abuses the melee hybrid and unleash potential, if you want to see it. It is VERY different, because one of the two is up at all times giving an extra 15% or so defense which lets me ease off some of the other IO sets that grant defense, for better global recharge as well as more damage. The problem, of course, is that a farming build is a little less capable of soloing AV's... I tend to prefer that build on test, though, because it feels much tougher against 4/8 content, MSR's, zone assaults, TF's, Trials, and can farm nearly as fast as a brute.

Edited by Frostweaver
  • Like 2

BTW- little hint, once you have stealth and celerity stealth slotted, You can grab a jet pack and go run the caverns of Transcendence. It takes about 4 minutes for 8 merits stealthed. Well worth running a few times for buying purple recipes or even just boosters and stuff.

Having a fully stealthed character just leads to mad merits. This was intentional so you can just spend a few hours in ouro rigging out even the most expensive builds without touching farming.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frostweaver said:

Heh, I just realized the my playstyle and build are about as completely unlike your playstyle as is possible while remaining within the same AT 🙂

It's not that I don't want a Blapper per say, just that I'm coming off the back of a Savage/Shield Stalker and a Bio/Spines tank so wanted a character who could stay out of melee. I had a cossie from Live which screamed "Time" so wanted to make a "Time" blaster (since I'd done Time / Sonic as a Defender). So it's a victim of all my self-imposed conditions 🙂

Plus the new Targetted AOE sets looked interesting and cheap (although given that this char earned 110 million yesterday off the back of a Synapse + 30 mins marketeering and is already pretty much slotted out why am I being cheap?) so wanted to try a build using them. Smashing / Lethal is a bit low (a Purple away from normal softcap) but NRG & Neg hit it which is nice. 

7 hours ago, Frostweaver said:

Having a fully stealthed character just leads to mad merits. This was intentional so you can just spend a few hours in ouro rigging out even the most expensive builds without touching farming.

My Savage / Shield Stalker thanks you!! 🙂

23 hours ago, Frostweaver said:

man, savage shield... tanker, stalker, or scrapper, savage shield is just amazing, and fun. Brutes don't get as much out of the shield, though 🙂

Actually he's totally your fault. Thank you!

A question on Ice Epic. If I have Hoarfrost does that also increase the heal from Dehydrate when it's active? Don't heals work off your Max Health? Ditto for the Absorb shield, is that a Fixed amount or a % of current Max HP.