Claws/SR Build Review

The Chairman

Hello All!

I started this character just before Live shut down, and I just got around to attempting to recreate him. My goal is to achieve PermaHasten, softcap all Positional Defenses, and be able to deal enough damage to Solo AVs. I think I have achieved this, but I am more accustomed to building Scrappers with Resistance-based Secondaries. Consequently, this guy has far lower Resistances than I am used to having. It looks like I can achieve an attack chain of FU-->Focus-->Evicerate-->repeat. That said, I seem to recall something called ArcanaTime, but I cannot for the life of me recall the formula.

My question to you all is: "Am I on the right track?"

Beyond simple yeas and nays, tweaks and suggestions are welcome!

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Reaver: Level 50 Science Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Claws
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Swipe -- GldStr-Acc/Dmg(A), GldStr-Dam/Rech(3), GldStr-Dam/End/Rech(3), GldStr-Acc/End/Rech(5), GldStr-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(5), GldStr-%Dam(34)
Level 1: Focused Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def(39)
Level 2: Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(7), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Hct-Acc/Rchg(9), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(9), AchHee-ResDeb%(31)
Level 4: Focused Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(40), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), LucoftheG-Def(40), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 6: Spin -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Rchg(13), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(13), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(31)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(25)
Level 10: Practiced Brawler -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Agile -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 16: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 18: Focus -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(21), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(25)
Level 20: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(37), GldArm-3defTpProc(37)
Level 26: Eviscerate -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(31)
Level 28: Lucky -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Shockwave -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(33), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(33), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Rgn-Knock%(34)
Level 35: Evasion -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 38: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Focused Accuracy -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(46), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(46), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(46), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Build%(48)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-EndMod(45), PrfShf-End%(45), Pnc-Heal(50), Pnc-Heal/+End(50)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Elude -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- RgnTss-Regen+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(39), NmnCnv-Heal(42), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(43)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-EndMod(39), PrfShf-End%(43)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

11 minutes ago, The Chairman said:

I seem to recall something called ArcanaTime

In the planner, go to Options->Configuration

Go to the 2nd tab (Effects & Math) and check the box in the bottom left called "Use ArcanaTime".

Now, all the activations will show the corrected arcanatime.

Your attack chain works fine within Arcanatime.  FU needs to recharge in 3.828, Focus in 3.564, and Evis in 2.376.  FU and Focus have lots of wiggle room.  Evis recharge in 2.35, which is less than 2.376.

Caulderone,

Oh my dear sweet Lord! I did not know that this was an option. Thank you so much for pointing this out! I have several potential builds in review, and this will be very useful.

That said, any suggestions on improving this?

On a side note: Do you know of a way to incorporate the new IOs into this new Mid's app? My version does not include the new End Mod IOs or the new Electrical Affinity Secondaries.

I assume I am missing something.

Stickied in the Tools section is the unofficial update, which includes the new IOs:

As to the build, look for Bill Z Bubba's build.  He is the Claws/SR guru.

I know you should have the KB->KD proc in Shockwave.

I would highly recommend working in the two defense IOs that add resistances (Shield Wall, Reactive Defense).

Edit:  Found Bill Z's build posted in another recent post.

I believe his ST attack chain is FU-Focus-Slash, for reference.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Thanks 1