Beam Rifle FX / Ninja APP Bug

Android

Posting at the request of a GM.

I took the Ninja APP (can't remember if that's the exact name but you'll get what I mean) on my Beam Rifle / Energy Aura Sentinel. I noticed shortly afterwards that the FX on Beam Rifle were now firing out of my character's feet instead of the gun. I asked on /help, some folks said it had been discussed there a little bit and was in some way linked to the katana in the Ninja pool. I tried a respec to ditch the pool, but it didn't work (katana costume option still shows up in the costume creator, so it causes the same bug). So I played around a little - depending which katana model you pick, the FX on Beam goes wonky in any number of ways (some of them make the FX come out of your head, some out of your feet). There are two models I found that don't seem to bug Beam - one is the Fire and Ice Elemental Sword, the other is one of the tech-looking swords. Most of the others seem to cause the bug.

This isn't a huge problem for me as I'm happy to just use the tech sword that doesn't make the Beam FX buggy, but could see it being annoying for a player who wanted to use one of the models that does.

EDIT: Worth saying, I haven't got an AR Sentinel high enough to check but I imagine there might be a similar issue there.

Edited by Techspert

Android (Beam/EA Sentinel)
Laser (Energy/SR Sentinel)

Yep, though that doesn't mean the problem isn't on my end (I'm using a mac and my OS is pretty old, so that could be the problem I guess). As per the original post, I've heard anecdotally that I'm not the only person who has experienced this problem though.

Android (Beam/EA Sentinel)
Laser (Energy/SR Sentinel)