Heaven and Hell - ID 26231

Heraclea

Heavenandhell3.thumb.JPG.78a0411327d9188daab6bfd97ea1d5a9.JPG

This is the first entirely original AE story I've made on Homecoming.  It is my entry into the most popular genre here, and is a cosmic story that takes you to the heights and depths ... who am I trying to fool, it's just more of my usual silliness. 

One note of caution: in the second mission, an outdoor map, very often mobs will spawn quite close to the entrance, so be ready for combat when you enter.  It is, however, the best map for the scene depicted and I like it too much for the purpose to let that faze me. 

3 missions.  Mostly custom mobs, with a few official ones thrown in.  Contains elite bosses, and mobs with custom power selections. 

Edited by Heraclea
sp
  • Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I gave this mission a try and I enjoyed it (playing lvl 50+). The custom characters were very well done and I won't spoil any of them. The 'allies' will be welcomed by many players I am sure.

The only issue I had was in episode 2, one of the mobs (a Lt.) ran off and was hard to find on the chosen map making it hard to finish the mission. This isn't really under your control, and it made it feel like a 'real' mission!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tidge said:

I gave this mission a try and I enjoyed it (playing lvl 50+). The custom characters were very well done and I won't spoil any of them. The 'allies' will be welcomed by many players I am sure.

The only issue I had was in episode 2, one of the mobs (a Lt.) ran off and was hard to find on the chosen map making it hard to finish the mission. This isn't really under your control, and it made it feel like a 'real' mission!

Like I said, I like that map too much to stop using it.  What I can do, though, is change the conditions of victory in that boss fight.  Minions running off or falling down the map should not be a problem any more. 

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

A quick joke arc, the player is tasked by "Saint Jessica" with finding out why devils are getting into Heaven, then stopping them, the going to Hell to pummel Satan. There are at least a dozen types of custom mobs, all with funny descriptions. The whole arc is fast and not too hard. My only nitpick is that the contact dialog is barely one sentence per screen, and no contact bio.

Edited by Kyksie
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2020 at 10:22 PM, Kyksie said:

A quick joke arc, the player is tasked by "Saint Jessica" with finding out why devils are getting into Heaven, then stopping them, the going to Hell to pummel Satan. There are at least a dozen types of custom mobs, all with funny descriptions. The whole arc is fast and not too hard. My only nitpick is that the contact dialog is barely one sentence per screen, and no contact bio.

I did not realize that the 'Description' of the contact was not what was shared, and that you instead have to put it in 'About Contact'.  That's been fixed.

I spend a lot more attention to NPC chatter rather than contact dialogs, since NPC chatter is available to teams while contact dialog usually only gets read by team leaders.  Some of the more 'interesting' mobs have their own stories told on one or another of the missions.  Since given the random placement of goals you may not encounter each set piece on every playthrough, there is a bit of replay value built in to doing it this way.