Rules for Rikti bomb credit?

Greycat

All right. So I see a few different things going on and inconsistent results.

Obviously, during the Rikti invasions, if you (or your team) completely destroy a bomb, you get credit. I also see people "tagging" them. I've seen two different results from that.

For instance, I had an elec/elec sentinel in the middle of three bombs. Destroyed one, got credit, was working on the other two (putting a shot in every once in a while, trying to keep them from turning red, or using the VS to zap them.) One said I had destroyed the bomb. The other, nothing. I'm fairly sure I put in at least equal effort on them - and nobody else came by to do more damage. (Ended up fighting the rikti as well, so the bombs went off on their own.)

Had another lowbie mm who fought three bombs. Took a long time to blow one up, got credit. Two others I worked on damaging. One said "You have destroyed A Bomb" when it exploded - though it didn't seem to count for the badge (only showing 1) and the other said nothing.

So what *are* the parameters for this?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.