Mini guide to the Combat Attributes window

Greycat

Mini-guide: The Attributes window

(Note. This is a repost from way back on live. But, the window itself is a useful little tool, and a quick search didn't bring up anything on it in the guides, so... here we go. I've also made some modifications for some things that have changed since then.)

"How do I get that little window that shows power levels, defense and stuff?" If that's what you're asking, you've come to the right guide.If you don't know what I'm talking about? It's a little window like this:

2131105503_combatattributewindow.png.0a492644ec7ecc220733b3a6df2a88b0.png

No, it's not there by default. You have to set it up yourself, per character.

How do I get that window?

That's the easy part. In game:

1. Click on "Powers." Your power list will come up.

2. In the upper left of that power window, click on "Combat Attributes."

This will open up a new window. In it, you should see seven categories:

Base

Movement

Damage Resistance

Defense

Debuff Resistance

Status Effect Protection

Status Effect Resistence

Each of these categories can be expanded to show you more selections.

3. When you see what you want to monitor - you can have several items visible - right click on the item. On the menu that comes up, pick "Monitor (whatever it is.)"

4. When you're done... close the combat attributes window. You can left click anywhere in the new little window you have and drag it around.

Questions:

1. What do I find where?
"Base" covers a lot of the things many people want to see - current and max HP and Endurance, Stealth, some bonuses, XP needed, debt, and influence among them. Movement covers movement speeds, and so forth. Click through and look - it's a long list.

2. What if I select more than 10 things?
The oldest thing you selected - at the top - will scroll off the list. 10's the limit by default.

3. How do I rearrange these?
Right click in the little window you just created, right on top of whatever you want to move. You will have choices to "Move up" or "Move down."

4. I don't want to see X any more. How do I get rid of one of the lines?
Right click on the item you want to stop watching, and select "Stop monitoring (item.)"

5. I don't want any of it any more! How do I get rid of it?
Right click in the window, pick "Stop monitoring all."

6. What's a good layout?

This totally epends on you. What do you want to watch?

For me, I'll often have:

Current hit points

(Possibly) Current endurance

Level Shift

XP to next level

Influence

... and add what I need to it. A Brute might want to see the Damage Bonus from Fury, for instance. A Stalker might want their Stealth radius (PVP) - while someone hunting one might want Perception Radius. What you add, however, is totally up to you.

There are also items I'll add situationally - such as when facing the rogue Vanguard in the RWZ arcs or doing the Honoree portion of Mender Ramiel's unlock, I'll put in *max* Endurance. Why? They can hit you with the Curse of Weariness, which cuts your END pool in half (and which is when you should use the curse breaker, available in the RWZ for - I think 250 V-merits.)

The attributes window is useful without the floating monitor, by the way!

Want to check where you're getting certain bonuses (and how big of a buff from each?) Open up the combat attributes window and expand what you're interested in, such as defense.

Here's what my elec/elec Sentinel looks like:

Big CA window.png

See those repeated bonuses? Not only can I tell if I'm at five and should look for something else, but I can somewhat tell the source. (She has several sets of Thunderstrikes.) If you don't want to see the sources, just the totals (to clean up the window or see more at a glance,) right click and "hide sources."

(Oh, and here's her floating window I keep open... to see what one of my HC characters is like.)

T CA window.png

Hopefully it helps, for those interested in numbers - or just keeping track if you've got all your level shifts or not 🙂

Enjoy!

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

16 hours ago, Greycat said:

A Brute might want to see the Damage Bonus from Fury, for instance.

Both my Brutes and Blasters have a monitor window for damage bonuses.  Handy for judging when to cut loose with a heavy hitting power.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)