Quick question

Sorta City of heroes oriented: the Marvel character "Ego". what would be his CoX origin? Natural? Magic? Technology? Mutation? Science?

it's a perplexing question and depends how you look at it I guess... anybody out there got a good idea of what it'd be? I honestly can't find any way to pick a single origin for such a character.

10 hours ago, Joshex said:

Sorta City of heroes oriented: the Marvel character "Ego". what would be his CoX origin? Natural? Magic? Technology? Mutation? Science?

it's a perplexing question and depends how you look at it I guess... anybody out there got a good idea of what it'd be? I honestly can't find any way to pick a single origin for such a character.

Ego the living planet?  I'd think Natural, as I recall he's an evolved lifeform that either grew into planetary size or colonized and co-opted a planet.  It's been a lot of years since I paid much attention and the Guardians of the Galaxy version didn't go into any details as I recall.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later

If I remember right, Ego has had a couple origins oveer the years. The ones I remember are being an evolved lifeform (Natural), a scientist who merged with a planet (Science), or being created by one of the various cosmic entities (either Magic or Science, depending on how you want to define "Cosmic Power").

On 5/19/2020 at 12:02 AM, Techwright said:

You almost need another origin "Cosmic" to describe Ego.  It's practically a fusion of all others but technology.  

Not only origin but power level as well.  We're talking about a being the size of a planet after all, his power would be so far off the charts in COH terms that he'd make Hamidon look like a level 1 Hellion.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler