Permissions for storage in base unusable

Zep

Hi My Name is Zep and I am an ALT-O=Holic!

At 4k when I wish the change permissions for base storage the pop-up panel is mal formed and unusable. Needing to email items to myself, one at a time, to store/use is painful. 

Tried setting the resolution down - all that accomplished was to blow up the size of all in game UI elements so they were over-lapping making a big mess to fix and still could not get to the controls to up permissions for my alts.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

• 1 month later

I found that if you disable "automatic UI scaling" and set the scale to 100%, the UI for permissions scales correctly and does work.

"automatic UI scaling" seems to set it to 150% at 4K, but the permissions screen seems to not handle something correctly, it's possible that it scales in the wrong direction and there is some kind of extra minus sign somewhere, as the panel drawn is clearly a lot smaller than the window border.

But at least, that should give you a work around.

• Thanks 1

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

It seems to be calling a drawJoinedFrame2Panel() in /Game/src/UI/uiBaseProps.c line 1454

It seems to scale the top part of this two frame panel depending on the font size/scale factor.

And then it doesn't account for this in the bottom half, which gets computed as height - size of text frame.

There are a couple of points where it does ht - (ty-y)

My guess is that somewhere there, it needs to do a ht*sc -(ty-y) or something similar, as ty scales with sc

It does something weird with the width of the window decoration as well, so maybe there needs to be a wd*sc in there somewhere as well.

I'm on a Mac at the moment, and not familiar (yet) with the code, so I can't easily build and debug things myself.

Edited by RogerWilco

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png