Missing recharge

DocRadio

I'm trying to reach perma-hasten with my elec/elec tank. 70 from Hasten and 20 from Lightning reflexes should give me 90 right off the bat as long as hasten is up. with set bonuses I should be looking at around 160 Recharge. I'm only seeing 130 recharge bonus. I've noticed that even though I'm supposed to get 5% recharge from Smashing impact set bonus, but I'm not seeing any recharge from it when I monitor attributes. When I take a closer look at attribute monitor I'm only seeing recharge bonuses from 9 sources. I should be seeing well over 14. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have a Sentinel with over 160 recharge bonus so I know 130 isn't the cap.

Edited by DocRadio

1 minute ago, Psyonico said:

Can you post your build? It's possible you went over the 5 set bonus limit

Hmmmm. I think that's the problem. I didn't know there was a 5 set bonus limit. Could you explain the mechanics?

29 minutes ago, DocRadio said:

Hmmmm. I think that's the problem. I didn't know there was a 5 set bonus limit. Could you explain the mechanics?

There is a cap of 5 copies of any given set bonus, including "enhancement" effects like LotG's +Rech.  By any given set bonus I mean to say identical ones.

For example, you can have 5 copies of "5% Enhance(Rechg)" regardless of the source.  In other words, if you ran 3 Crushing Impacts, 1 Adjusted Targeting, and 2 Impervious Skins - all of which can grant the same "5% Enhance(Rechg)" bonus - you would still only get 5 instances of the bonus and the 6th would be dropped.  You could though keep 5 of those, and switch out one for something that gives "6.25% Enhance(Rechg)" and get up to 5 copies of that bonus, theoretically.

In Mids you can click the "View Active Sets" button and the list will show you where you have exceeded the cap by tagging them with '>Cap' in red.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

3 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

There is a cap of 5 copies of any given set bonus, including "enhancement" effects like LotG's +Rech.  By any given set bonus I mean to say identical ones.

For example, you can have 5 copies of "5% Enhance Recharge" regardless of the source.  In other words, if you ran 3 Crushing Impacts, 1 Adjusted Targeting, and 2 Impervious Skins - all of which give the same "5% Enhance(Rechg)" - you would still only get 5 instances of the bonus and the 6th would be dropped.  You could though keep 5 of those, and switch out one for something that gives "6.25% Enhance(Rechg)" and get up to 5 copies of that bonus, theoretically.

In Mids you can click the "View Active Sets" button and the list will show you where you have exceeded the cap by tagging them with '>Cap' in red.

Ah. I get it. I have too many sets with a 5% +recharge bonus. Well.... that does kind of open things up a bit. I guess I got lucky with my Sent... but then his build uses purples and LOTG globals. Thanks this solves my problem. Opens up some build options too.