Make Sudden Acceleration KB/KD A Global

On 5/10/2020 at 2:00 AM, Zeraphia said:

Honestly for sets like Energy Blast that are literally *known* for their KB, I think it may be best for those who do not desire the knockback to be given an optional inherent toggle power that just flat out shuts off kb and turns all kb powers to mag 0, essentially making it just deal damage "Knockback Suppression" as a name. However, powers that are specifically slotted to KD would overpower the toggle and work independently of it. Also, FF procs should still have a chance to fire even if the power doesn't KB the critters. This toggle is 0 end/sec and can be toggled on/off at any time. 

It may not fix all the problems (may also be annoying to detoggle/retoggle), but it does solve the issue of having to slot kb->kd in so many powers to play the set, it will allow you to run procs, overall addresses most of the issues while still allowing those who desire the kb to retain the kb. It also doesn't just automatically turn it all into gaining a direct benefit to the user of all of them having KD (overpowered IMO).

I like this except it shouldn't exempt KD powers if it's a free toggle. For an otherwise completely free toggle, the entire build should be locked at mag 0. 

7 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

What needs to be done, instead of making them all KB to KD, give them proc chances of extra damage. The reason they feel a waste of a slot is because they only serve one purpose...to prevent knock back. They are not really adding to your build, they are only rearranging your build to have a different function...so honestly, they are a waste of slot...if not a waste, then at very least a sacrifice.

They way to make them better (because having just one that changes your whole build to KD instead of KB will not benefit everyone. Some players like KB in their single target attacks...like me.) is to create more of them, and then give them different types of other effects. Some for fire damage procs, some for dark procs, some for a +Build-up proc, some for a placate proc, and so forth. That way when you slot them, they serve more of a function than just changing your knock down to knock back.

I like this idea better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, zeeviant said:

Any many people don't prefer that. So perhaps there is a world that is not design specifically for you, and instead of changing sudden acceleration, we can get a new set that does it global.

That's an option, yes.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer