FA/TW AoE monster!

RiotAce

1 hour ago, RiotAce said:

Has anyone found anything skippable in TW?

All the attacks in TW are very good, the only skippable thing is Taunt. I like to take it on my Tankers but it's not a must.

TW doesn't do well with attacks from epic power pools because they sheathe your weapon and it's really long to get the ball rolling again once you do. It is a very self contained set that has everything it needs to go to town without outside help

2 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

All the attacks in TW are very good, the only skippable thing is Taunt. I like to take it on my Tankers but it's not a must.

TW doesn't do well with attacks from epic power pools because they sheathe your weapon and it's really long to get the ball rolling again once you do. It is a very self contained set that has everything it needs to go to town without outside help

Was considering Mu mastery for even more AoE but hadn't considered the redraw factor. Might take energy mastery for the end help instead.

1 hour ago, RiotAce said:

Was considering Mu mastery for even more AoE but hadn't considered the redraw factor. Might take energy mastery for the end help instead.

Once you have a good amount of recharge you can chain Titan Sweep, Whirling Smash and Arc of Destruction pretty much without downtime.
I second your choice of Energy Mastery because TW is a massive end hog, Consume help a lot from FA but I'm pretty sure you can go through that end before Consume comes back

Fire/TW is hands down the highest overall DPS Tank in terms of AoE and ST. I played a Fire/Energy Tank to 50, no AE but a lot of TFs... he was an absolute God and I can only imagine the insanity it would have been with TW. Having Burn and a full TW attack chain by level 20 is whacky and is IMO one of the best Tanks you can roll for the TF Commander TFs. I’m itching to make onE myself, but don’t like playing similar characters to 50 In succession. So for now I’m playing my Tom Cruise inspired Kinetics/Sonic Defender, Jack Screecher, but dreaming of my future Fire/TW Tank. 

edit: I also agree with going Energy Mastery, take Conserve Power and slot a 50 Recharge IO in it (+5 if you want) and then take Physical Perfection and slot the Performance Shifter +End proc and leave it at that. This allows you to focus on slotting your primary and secondary for maximum set bonuses. I’ve been combing over all kinds of Fiery Aura Tank builds if you’d like to see my proposed Fire/TW build. If I recall, it has 90% resists to Smashing, Lethal, Fire, Energy and Negative damage, over 60% resist to Cold, Psi and Toxic damage almost 100% of the time. Perma-hasten with some Force Feedback procs, 45% Melee Def before Defensive Sweep, 32ish% S/L Def and I think 30ish% Energy/Negative Def all before Barrier or Melee Hybrid. Cardiac Core (the one that grants the most End Redux) is absolutely essential to reach those resist numbers and help with endurance if you go for maximum tankage like I did. You could go Musculature for offense, swap Barrier for Ageless, but the gain in damage wouldn’t outshine the massive survivability of Barrier. My Fire/Energy Tank has almost a carbon-copy build, similar slotting, similar IOs, and I couldn’t be happier.

Edited by Camel
  • Like 1